FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Got a (temporary) Job!

Author Topic: Got a (temporary) Job!
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be taking over for a teacher on maternity leave from Sep. 7 to the beginning of November. I'll be teaching 7th grade Language Arts! I'm really excited about this.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Yey, good for you ! I know a little about teaching since both my parents are college (or something equivanlent I think) professors. I can see the joy they get from having some really good students in their classes and it's a wonderfull thing.

Then of course there are all those who are a little less interested that can make your classes a living hell. That's why I'm not considering teaching myself.

But don't let that stop you ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Jenny. Those kids are up for a way good time!
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Now's the time to start sending, "Don't you want to stay home with your new baby" subliminal messages to the teacher you're substituting for. [Evil]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Jennie. You might even find you get a few more calls early in the fall.

In our area, it has been very tight for classroom teachers, sometimes two hundred applicants for one position. Yet, many schools are left(ours, for instance) with not having the special ed. teachers they need. We are going to full inclusion this year, and the sixth grade has no special ed. teacher. that ought to work well.

Jenny, if you like that school, and they like you, try to stay on as a sub, and they will think of you next year when positions open up, I bet.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! That's great, Jenny. Hope you have fun.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Jenny! I admire those who teach any grade. I have neither the patience nor the energy. Here's hoping it leads to more. Those kids will be lucky to have you... the school, too.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Jenny, and may you get from it as much as you will bring to it. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita Spankmistress
Member # 3484

- posted      Profile for Rita Spankmistress           Edit/Delete Post 
Sexy Boots, Whips and Chains should keep those 7th graders in line. I'm sure Jenny's up to the task!
Posts: 114 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Rita, dear, don't forget the saltpeter in the lunches! That age gets awfully frisky in the spring.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Jenny! Have fun! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's great news Jenny! Congratulations!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Jenny! you'll be a wonderful teacher for that age group.

I love hearing from you teachers out there, you are keeping me inspired. I'm starting classes in January!

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot. For. Teacher.

[Big Grin]

[ August 30, 2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you be my teacher?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the encouragement!

Belle, you go for it!

And for those who want me for a teacher, start up the Hatrack Commune and pay me well.... [Evil]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.