FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I can hear Oscar Wilde's most beautiful voice!

Author Topic: I can hear Oscar Wilde's most beautiful voice!
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy! I've always wanted to hear Oscar Wilde speak, and now I can, because there's a recording of him talking, and his younger son said it was definitely he, which is good enough for me.

I found today that a recording exists of Oscar Wilde reading part of "Ballad of Reading Gaol", and it resides in UCLA. And someday it will be mine.

*plots theft*

[Party]

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
When you pilfer it, be sure to turn it into a .wav and send it my way.

Or face the consequences.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Or the pickaxe....
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny! Good lord! Are you also going to tell everyone in all your classes?
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to hear it, too. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's really cool. Where can one find this?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone one in the world should know, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get my hands on it in the very close future. It's at UCLA on cassette, but the cassette doesn't actually belong to them, to my understanding, but rather to H. Montgomery Hyde. So odds are they won't lend it through the interlibrary loan system. I'm trying to find out how to go about asking for a copy.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this thread title, and for a wild moment, thought... "Oscar Wilde Sings?!"

THAT would have been AWESOME.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Check it out here.

Here is a Real Player version of the recording. Seems to be some concern that it may or may not be really his voice. Intereting to listen to either way.

Ciao,

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.