FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Different stages of sleep

Author Topic: Different stages of sleep
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the weirdest things that have ever happened to me.

A couple of days ago I'm sleeping in the passenger seat of a car and I'm falling in and out of sleep, like usual. After I 'wake up' one of the times I start having little jerks that I can't control. What's even stranger than that is after I finally fall asleep from that I 'wake up' again but this time I can't move any part of my body. I have to will myself for about a minute just to look at my watch.

I'm just wondering if it possible to 'wake up' but not really be awake and still be stuck in one of the stages of sleep.

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The convulsions I can't really tell you anything about, but the other thing sounds like sleep paralysis. Every now and then we have a sleep paralysis thread around here. Here are two of them:

Sleep Paralysis Isn't Much Fun

Lucid vs Regular Dreaming

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.