FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Dreams

Author Topic: Hatrack Dreams
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed last night that Stryker and I were doing the lighting for the show of the Tempest that dkw is in. It was really cool, except I spent the whole dream trying to work up the courage to go up and introduce myself. I also thought there was another hatracker there, but when I introduced myself they said they'd never heard of hatrack before.

I've never really dreamt at all before, and now in the space of a week I've had two hatrack dreams! [Eek!]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Two?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

I dreamed I married Marek.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamt that too, blacwolve. >_>
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Eek!]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, I've had a couple of hatrack dreams.

One I remember the most clearly, was CT and I sitting on a bed in our PJs talking girl talk like at a slumber party. Then Mack came walking in the room fully clothed, had a perfectly normal conversation with CT and I and then she left. I couldn't figure out if it was day or night and whether mack or we were out of place as far as clothing went, cause there weren't any windows in the room where CT and I were.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Blacwolve, I have that dream a LOT! [Smile] Isn't it wonderful?
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
blacwolve, I wish you had been doing the lighting. That would have been really cool.

*sigh* another disadvantage of long-distance communities – we can’t form a Hatrack theatre troupe.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed two nights ago that I took a really long journey to go meet Telperion. I was traveling on some bizarre form of public transportation that resembled something from the Philippines.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
a jeepney?
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

How many jatraqueras have actually dreamed they've married Marek? Perfectly understandable, though. Who wouldn't dream about that? Bet there are lots more who just aren't telling. [Smile]

Should we propose to him just to be sure and be first, you think? Oh wait, I guess I already did. You guys are too late! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. You did. [Big Grin]

Also, i wonder too, who all considers that dream a nightmare [Razz] ?

[ September 07, 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Silly! Nobody does!
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed I was here in Dallas, but had six or seven roommates and it was associated with the guys' apartment of six or seven roommates. My roommates were a mixture of Dallas and Hatrack people - the Hatrackers were, I think, Kama and...crud, I can't remember. [Frown] Dang it - Hatrack dream and I can't remember it...
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had... one. I wanted to get Bob_Scopatz to analyze it for me, but he never got the chance.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*grin* I love that dream.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Kiss]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*blushes happily*
twinky
Member # 693

Perhaps someday I'll ask Bob for an analysis again. [Smile]
katharina
Member # 827

[Kiss]
twinky
Member # 693

Aw, shucks. [Embarrassed] [Smile]

*feels better*

[Smile]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

Well Marek, I woke up panicked because i'd married you when I was in love with Mike...
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Same for me. I remember liking the dream, then feeling miserable and terrible for the following two days for enjoying it when it was happening. : P
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
signal: It was like a bizarre cross between a jeepney and a trike. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

*I* just enjoyed it. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Does he say the same? [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

He keeps saying "yes", every time I ask him to marry me again so that would seem to be a positive sign. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well....

now that he has all these other options.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
More options just means I'll feel a bit bad to break those other girls' hearts when i say yes.

(of course could always have more than one wife [Razz] , but the other husbands and Tatiana all have to aprove of them)

[ September 08, 2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Koga ]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Marek, you baaad boy. [Wink]
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
resurrecting this thread instead of starting a new one ...

I was dreaming that I was standing in for a bride whose bridesmaid was her future sister-in-law, and they didn't like each other. I'm not sure what the occasion was, maybe the rehearsal dinner or something. Anyway, it was weird because I didn't have a problem with the bridesmaid, but she thought I was the bride and hated me.

That segued into the morning of Bob and Dana's wedding. We were in a house and there were loads of Hatrackers there. One young man (can't remember who it was supposed to be) asked me if he disliked me. I said, I didn't think so, because I don't think I've ticked anyone off.

I am not sure where all this is coming from, but thought I would share. [Dont Know] [ROFL]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a Hatrack dream a few weeks ago, but I've forgotten everything about it except Kama was in it. [Angst]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed about you just the other night, Katie. I then got up and drew another dress idea for you, because the one in my dream was absolutely wonderful (yes, I have completely pragmatic dreams). Unfortunately, I didn't quite capture the dream look; I never can. But it's still cool.

We really need to do that, or I'm going to keep dreaming about it!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. [Smile] That's awesome. [Smile]

I'll call tonight - it's Gilmore Girls night at Catherine's, by the way. Do you want to come? Call me! The show starts at seven - I usually get to her house at (ideally) 6:30 or (realistically) 6:57. [Smile]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff works until 9 tonight, or I would.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had three or four Hatrack dreams.

It's interesting how in my dreams I seem to have no difficulty recognizing people I've never met.

(Although I have had the experience of meeting somebody afterward, and he did not look like he did in my dream, so it's not some weird sixth sense . . . )

As far as I know, I have never been a guest in any other jatraquero's dream.

I'm not certain how to feel about that.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
They only Hatrack dreams I have had are reading the forum. Of course when I was having these dreams I was 7+ months pregnant.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
Ihad a few dreams involving other hatrackers, but none very recently, most involve at least one of the following hatrackers, some before i knew what they looked like:

Raia
Zotto
tt&t
Damien
Tatiana
and i recall having had dreams that involved Sveta and rivka, but can no longer recall what any of them were.

Still i find it a kind of funny coincidence that this thread got pumped now. [Cool]

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Bumped to post my first Hatrack dream.

I only remember the tail end of the dream so I can't give a decent synopsis but here goes. I was checking in for my first day of college. We'd been on the road for several hours and stopped at what appeared to be a fast food multiplex and hotel. I was sitting on a retaining wall talking with my wife as a (dorm director)? was issuing instructions. A voice behind me was lamenting the fact that she had let everybody down. I turned around and there was BannaOj. She was depressed because she had to settle for a State college and knew she could have done much better. I patted her hand and told her not to beat herself up because it leaves pschological bruises and accomplishes little.

That's about all I remember.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs punwit* (that's really sweet and sooo true to my character.)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a Hatrack dream a couple of weeks ago. I was a bridesmaid at Bob & Dana's wedding, and there was another bridesmaid that was from Hatrack but I don't know who she was. I didn't even meet them in my dream, but I was a bridesmaid. It was a lovely wedding.
I imagine that it was better IRL.

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.