FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sandkings: or, George R. R. Martin CAN write after all (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sandkings: or, George R. R. Martin CAN write after all
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wanting to get that, Lupus. Unfortunately, the price tag on it makes a little heavy to pick up.

edit: referring to RRetrospective

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OlavMah
Member # 756

- posted      Profile for OlavMah   Email OlavMah         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, no, not at all. I'm his acquaintance, not an expert on everything he says and does. Many of his fans are way more in the loop than I am.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, good. I was preceiving a tone to what you said that wasn't intended then--glad to hear it.

I don't know that I'd really consider myself a fan of Martin's exactly. Well, I don't know--I guess you could argue that I am. I do check his site every month or so to see if there are any updates, and I did take a good number of books to a signing with me when A Feast for Crows first came out, both of which seems a bit fanish. He's an author I'll buy in hardback without hesitation, which is pretty rare (actually, he's one of only three authors still living that I can say that about, now that Octavia Butler has died), which again could be considered fannish.

I don't quite self identify as a fan though. I could just be smoking crack on that one.

Do you know Steven Leigh? I ended up chatting with him, and with his wife (whose name escapes me), and with an extraordinarily elderly local guy from Dayton (whose name also escapes me) at the signing for quite a while, and all three of them struck me as great people.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, I think you're smokin' the crack on that one, Noemon.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I think you may be right.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OlavMah
Member # 756

- posted      Profile for OlavMah   Email OlavMah         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, kind of. We're on a common listserv.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.