FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XV: The paws that refreshes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XV: The paws that refreshes
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You've stepped in it this time! We're punning on our feet. And shoes. And other things your mother never toed you about. Why? Just for kicks, of course.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know]

Baaaah!

[Dont Know]

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Phanto! Don't walk away!

Baby steps, man! Baby steps.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure I'm breaking the rules but I feel I Kneed to get a leg up on the opposition. I realize this may r ankle a bit but otherwise this topic would leave me hamstrung.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, I think you pretty much nailed it.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
What a pedestrian challenge. You guys may be odor, but I will de-feet you poor soles.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
(OOC: I'm confused -- what are the rules?)
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I will fight you to the last!
punwit
Member # 6388

I suppose I could lock instep with all the other footpads but then I would lose my individual footprint.

[ September 07, 2004, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

<aside to Phanto: Rules? Rules? Make puns based on the chosen topic. There be no other rules. If you happen to use a pun that's already been put in play, at least try to make better use of it than the previous person, or do something interesting with it. But even that's not a hard & fast rule. It just keeps it from getting boring too quickly.

Oh, and if you like one of mine, in particular, feel free to say so.>

Now, on your feet and try not to sock.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Punwit...heel!
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Good luck on your first Pun Smackdown Phanto.

Or, if you will, break a leg. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm sorry Bob it just seem that this topic lacks sole.

[ September 07, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yeah, I know. Maybe we could just say espedrille to prepare us for the next Pun Smackdown which, one hopes, will leave a better impression.
punwit
Member # 6388

I will try to have a ball.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I'll be there at the next Pun Smackdown Bob, I enjoy stocking you.
punwit
Member # 6388

The thing is that this topic is irritating, one could say corny even.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Your praise is like hose on a...
... warthog.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Arrrrrrrgyle get you for that.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Your guys' puns are so funny! They're achilleing me.

[ September 07, 2004, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Look! It's my arch enemy!
punwit
Member # 6388

*sigh* I know, I know, my comments have been a bit shod dy
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, who opened the gait. I'll be trotting along now. Bob, you need to do some sole searching.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fiber
Member # 6836

- posted      Profile for Fiber   Email Fiber         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it too late to club a sandwich?

The mayoral election depends on it!

Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

*another sigh*

Sadly I'm beginning to sag. I need to have some new treads so I'll be retiring now. G'night all.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Your post is laced with criticism, tied to your tendency to back pedal. And flip-flop. Wader you are right or wrong doesn't matter. It's how you polish your stance.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

This is really fun! I'm pumped!!!
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I will step down as well. Going toe to toe against Bob can be a tiring task.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
What post are you talking about? Can you jog my memory?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

No, I can't. Try rebooting.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I only reboot when trouble is afoot. And right now, everything's running fine.

[ September 07, 2004, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Fiber
Member # 6836

I can help with the laces.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Velcro about it, why don't you?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually, that was truly fastenating.
Fiber
Member # 6836

zip it!
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

shoos away the newbie...
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

ooo, my liver is hungry. It wants mo' bile.
Fiber
Member # 6836

mmruphlee?

*discountenanating debama mo'fries fricasee*

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

kai..You'll have to head south if you want that pun to work.

[ September 07, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

What on earth are you walking about???

Edit: fiber

[ September 07, 2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I think Bob is telling you to take a hike.
Fiber
Member # 6836

*whistles dixie and heaves another dessert on the composte pile*

(refarin' frain)

Fibre.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Bunch'a mules... <shaking head>
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

My hero = Walker, Texas Ranger
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm really quite disgusted with the pedal philia on display in this thread. Keds should be sacrosanct. All you perverts straighten up and start toeing the line.
punwit
Member # 6388

While we are on the topic of perversion I must comment on the party-like atmosphere that surrounds this smackdown. It has a foot fete-ish feel to it.

[Party]

punwit
Member # 6388

The foot fetish topic reminded me of a story I heard about a man with a foot fetish that couldn't decide whether he preferred his right foot or his left foot. Eventually he decided that he could swing either way, yeah he was bipedal
punwit
Member # 6388

Jeez, I post some pretty good puns and a giant political brewhaha breaks out and this thread beats feet to the back page. I'm officially booting it back to the top of page 1. I refuse to punt. I think feet and shoes deserve a platform too. Yes, I'm a pedal pusher. Even if I lost both of my feet I would continue to stump for this platform. If this campaign crosses any lines I trust the mods will talus.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, so I can't be sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes who's already posted.

Maybe we should get some Plantar's nuts for this discussion. If you've got any, go ahead and callous.

I'd bring something, but all I have in my pantry are some corns and a nice Vidalia bunion.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what the mods think of the pun treads. I wish they would stop acting like the High King, boot I understand. We don't want to cram pons down their throats. We do not want to ankle their nerves, after all. It would be pedi of us, and would give no cure.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.