FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Odd Little Anouncement

Author Topic: Odd Little Anouncement
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I am completely drunk off of music. Especially Mozart's Mass in C minor conducted by Leonard Bernstein.
The feel of it is remarkable. It just sends... bolts of electricity, joy, sunlight and dizziness through my blood.
The there is the 3rd part of Brahm's Requiem with its sweet baritone in German
There is something quite special about baritones singing in German.
The there is Fate Folly Fall by Yoko Kanno with its sweet vocals and violin lines and shades of red, the notes feel extradinarily like silk. I drown in that piece of music and also Omega Blue, technology and soul. It's vocals, computerized sound and violins....

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
*is jealous*

Enjoy your music!

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still enjoying that Netscape radio you introduced me to. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent
Which stations?

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
O Fortuna- drunk is the perfect word to describe it.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My incredibly cultured friends got me Carmina Burana for my birthday. I am ever so grateful to them [Smile]

P.S. But I still take just as much joy in cranking Shakira's Pies Descalzos album

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Carmina Burana is one of THE most amazing and powerful works of music ever written. I think I'm addicted to it.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
ODE TO JOY!!!

Greatest piece of music created by Man.

Mozart was better in general, imo, but OtJ blows everything else out of the water.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the banjo/yodel version of Ode to Joy that you hear in Raising Arizona.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Ode to joy can chase me out of the deepest, darkest depression.
It makes me drunk, dizzy and HIGH.
Just THINKING about the Ode to Joy and humming it fills me with GLEE and RAPTURE.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Ode to Joy in German, it's wonderful!
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Ode to Joy is amazing.

<walks off humming>

THANKS!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, my favorite is the audiobook stuff. Excellent readers and interesting selection of books. [Smile]

Also love moviescores and comedy corner.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Gibson street by Laura Nyro is an awesome song.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I wish I could experience what you're feeling, but I only get the barest corner of it, and that only after a long while...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
figgurat
Member # 6839

- posted      Profile for figgurat   Email figgurat         Edit/Delete Post 
Ry,

When stuck in a corner, I recommend shadow-boxing. Highly.

fig

Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Rhapsody in Blue does it for me.

So does Mozart's Requiem, Beethoven's 9th and 5th (all of them), Schubert's Ave Maria, among others

Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Chaeron, I second the Requiem. That, after Carmina Burana and the Messiah, beats 'em all!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmoninoff
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I really am going to leave the house
But Dmitri Hvorotovsky is so cool.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.