FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who wants to need a millionaire!!?

Author Topic: Who wants to need a millionaire!!?
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me!!!!

I'm suppose to be going to SOU for college in Ashland, Oregon.. but financial aid isn't paying enough for room and board and my mother can't co-sign a loan right now because she wouldn't be able to buy a house like she's planning.. I've struggled through bad grades, being expelled and trying to make up for all my short falls in the past- I just want to go study theatre and do what I love and i've been working so hard for it.. but now all that stands in my way is about 5 thousand dollars... It's stinking ridiculous..
So.. any millionaires in the 'Rack? Anyone giving out last minute scholarships?
- Sigh.. life hates me.. I even had to split with my girlfriend because of college.. and now even if i'm not going i'm losing her.. *chuckles* *hugs ((himself))*.. sigh..

-Jack Montague

ps- my email is jackwiggin@hotmail.com if anyone actually does happen to be a caring millionaire..

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you considered going to a community college for the first two years? I had a lot of friends who did that. They now have the same degree as me, with half the student loans. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What he said.

(How MUCH in student loans, Beren? I'm down to $20,000.)

Seriously, get your AA first - much less expensive filling all those "core" requirements, and then you can spend the really big bucks on a name brand private school.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this won't help you out now, but have you tried applying for the OSAC scholarships? As an Oregon resident going to an Oregon University System school, you should be eligible for quite a few.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Shan, I thought you loved me for my body, not my money. [Cry]

Pepek, another benefit of going to community college first is that you will be establishing residency in the state, which *might* lower your overall tuition and qualify you for more scholarships.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Seeing as I haven't had the pleasure of loving you for your body, dear, I'll settle for money at this point in time. [Razz]

Really - I would imagine a law degree for more costly than a social work degree . . . ?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Yup. When I graduated my college and law school loans totaled 70,000. Luckily my firm helped me pay off some of the loan. But that is still a huge chunk of debt to carry around. [Smile]
Shan
Member # 4550

Ouch.

Good thing I'm working fulltime, hmmm . . . [Wink]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Good thing I'm househusband to someone working full time. [Wink]
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
yea, i started school last year and i'm going to have loans of $160,000 at least by the time i'm finished, not counting grad school, or the probability that they'll raise tuition. oh well.
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There's this guy on Ornery named David Ricardo who claims to be a millionaire. He might give you money if you promise not to vote for Bush. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I thought you were paying for votes, or more accurately for not voting.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offering $10. I'd imagine that David Ricardo could offer considerably more.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Do you pay more if I lived in a battleground state?
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Well then all he needs is 500 people to offer $10 not to vote for Bush.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Or maybe 500 Toms
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Beren, no. He only offered me ten and I live in Florida.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Man Tom you're cheap. I thought liberals are legendary for being big spenders. [Razz]
Shan
Member # 4550

You know - it's really a parasitic relationship. Social workers depend on liberals to put in place social programs. Liberals depend on conservatives to do their dirty work with the tax structure in order for the social programs to be paid for . . . and the wheel keeps turning . . .
Pepek
Member # 3773

I'd take the $10.. seriously. Because it is, and has been my plan to vote for Bush anyway. So.. umm, anyone else want to pay me to not vote for Bush? Or umm.. to dance like a chicken? *takes what he can get*

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Monkeys]

That said, it never hurts to ask, I guess.

[ September 11, 2004, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

What if I paid you to not accept Tom's money?
Pepek
Member # 3773

Heh.. i'll take it... wait.. how much are you paying Glory?

-Jack Montague

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.