FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Haribo bears are scary

Author Topic: Haribo bears are scary
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the second time one of them got stuck in my nose. I think they're trying to kill me.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/330-haribo.jpg

(Now it makes sense, she says they are like little gummi bears)

I just want to know *how* they got stuck up her nose!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

While I was eating [Grumble]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately Kama, that doesn't help the image any. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Yet another one!

*blows bear out*

I should stop eating them. [Grumble]

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you aiming for your mouth and missing? Or is it like laughing and milk coming out your nose except with gummi bear? Either way, it makes for a very funny image.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Sorry, my imagination just shut down at blowing a bare out. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vera
Member # 2094

- posted      Profile for Vera   Email Vera         Edit/Delete Post 
Most people eat by putting things in their mouth, rather than their nose. Perhaps that would solve your problem. [Razz]
Posts: 96 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Maybe she just has a bare nose.

-Trevor

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you people eat in Poland? [Eek!]

You see, this stuff has to go in the lowest hole on your head, generally known as the mouth. Maybe you need to work on your hand-eye coordination. I hear video games are good for that.

On a side note, I love those things.

[ September 12, 2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
For the past few years, some of the Haribo stuff has even been kosher. They is nummy!

And I have never ended up with one in my NOSE. [Eek!]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Haribo is great. In addition to rainbow gummi miniature frogs, in Europe you can get gummy fried eggs!

Almost as cool as the Mexican Gumilocas that you can get shaped like dientes. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Snicker. I think we've had enough fun at Kama's expense.

And I'm sure she looked very cute even while fending off the unwanted advances of the bear in question. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, those fried egg ones are gross! While in Greece, one of our group had a slight obsession with the Haribo bears. By slight, I mean she rarely ate anything else. I can't look at a bag the same way now.

She didn't, however, get any stuck in her nose...

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

The fried egg ones are great! But not as good as the grapefruit ones. mmmmm . . . tart'n'sweet
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I put them in my mouth. I chew them. And somehow, the bits always end up in my nose.
rivka
Member # 4859

. . . and she wants us to believe this is the bears' fault.
TMedina
Member # 6649

After her last post, I stopped wondering. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How do you people eat in Poland?

You see, this stuff has to go in the lowest hole on your head, generally known as the mouth.

[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I put them in my mouth. I chew them. And somehow, the bits always end up in my nose.
Wha.... ? WHAT??
[Confused]
[Monkeys]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Just sayin. If I die, you'll at least know why.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Oh no! Kama, if you die from gummi candy, we just couldn't bear it!

-Trevor

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep that up, and she'll die from bad puns.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I once ate a bunch of popcorn, and while I was swallowing, I sneezed, and it all went into my nose area, which made me sneeze even more. So when I went to blow my nose, it had popcorn in it. And then one time.. uh.. one time Randy Beaman dreamt he ate a huge marshmellow....
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else have this problem with gummi worms?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

O_O WHY did I click on that?
Kama
Member # 3022

You obviously do not wish to acknowledge the danger...
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
We really need a vomiting smiley. Yuck !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I threw up through my nose once. (A very long and horrible story that I can finally talk about ten years later.) For years after that, sometimes food would go upward rather than downward as gravity and biology intended.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Are you often threatened by soft, squishy candies?

-Trevor

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I think she said she was also afraid of soft, squishy Americans, so maybe the hang-up is not the candy, but the squishiness.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I'm afraid to ask how many soft, squishy Americans she met...

-Trevor

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, too many Americans these days are soft and squishy in the middle.

/me needs to lay off the sweets

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
think she said she was also afraid of soft, squishy Americans
No, Tom didn't scare me.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, so Kama has a slight eating disorder. We wouldn't make fun of her if she had a drinking problem would we?

Well, if milk came out of her nose, we probably would.

Bite the bears in the nose first. That way you get even with them.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Put the entire bear in your mouth, and swallow it before you take another one. That should help [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I'll just let them dissolve the next time...
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
That snake guy...oh man. Anyone else notice the tears streaming down his face?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama,
I think the gummy quality of the bears is making them stick to the back of your throat, so when you breath out, they are close to your nasal passage. Try chewing them in the front of your mouth until they break up, then swallow.

(Why do I have advice for this?)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Haribo macht Kinder froh!
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Might I add that it is pronounced Har-ee-bow. Any other pronunciation is the work of Satan, and the pronouncer will be instantly smitten.
Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama-are you coughing? Or laughing? Or standing on your head while eating them?
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Just eating. Why is it so hard to understand? They're after me.
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama~
Ever had the Haribo Gummi Cherries?

Those are MY favorite.
YUM!

Crazy as always,
Psychotriad

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Did. Didn't try to kill me.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Rice sometimes gets into my nasal cavity. It may be the consequence of talking while I eat.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know Kama, the thought had occured to me that if you were trying to swallow me, I'd probably put up a fight too.

If I was a chewy piece of bear-shaped candy, that is.

-Trevor

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Bumped because this thread should be read now that we know the true nature of Haribo products, and just because people seem sort of edgy and it might be fun..
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I threw up through my nose once. (A very long and horrible story that I can finally talk about ten years later.)
Did it happen while you were getting impressions taken for an orthodontic appliance?

Because this nearly happened to me on Friday. I was at the dentist's to get impressions made for a night guard (I evidently grind my teeth in my sleep). The ooky clayey stuff they make the impressions with (it tasted like mint and smelled like epoxy) oozed out of the mold and down the back of my throat.

Just TRY not to gag while this is happening. I tried, and failed. But you're not supposed to open your mouth while they're making the impression, so, there's only one place for that stuff to go... unless you can somehow get your mouth open and throw up on the dentist and his assistant.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.