FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need help with a gift.... Anyone near Belgium?

Author Topic: Need help with a gift.... Anyone near Belgium?
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
So my new husband ( !!! ) has a birthday coming up in December, and I'm thinking about what I can get him. He's very into beer, especially excellent beer, and specifically excellent Belgian beer. There are a few beers that he's been wanting to try for years now, but hasn't been able to find them anywhere in the US (and we've looked all over, believe me!)

Are there any Hatrackers in Europe, especially near Belgium, who wouldn't mind checking their coolest local beer store for a few specific beers? I'd certainly make it worth your while if you could ship a small box over to me. [Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trondheim
Member # 4990

- posted      Profile for Trondheim   Email Trondheim         Edit/Delete Post 
What a thoughtful gift! [Smile]

I suppose your best option would be Kingdom of Beer . Or you can google your way to other sites that provide similar services.

I don't live anywhere near Belgium, but can find a few brands here. If I were to buy for you, however, I would have to pay taxes here (and believe me: it's not cheap), and then you would probably have to pay customs. And then the paperwork...

But of course I'll help if Kingdom of Beer don't ship overseas. Good luck!

Posts: 99 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
That is an awesome site!! It looks like they do ship to the US, and they have a couple of beers that Mark hasn't been able to get yet. [Big Grin]

All they're missing is Rodenbach Grand Cru.... but his beer club is sending it to him early next year, so that shouldn't be a big deal. This is going to be fun! [Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my roommates is from Belgium, but I don't think that helps you a whole lot, since right now she's in Israel. I mean, I could ask her for some tips, but we wouldn't be able to ship anything to you, unfortunately!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So your new husband ought to get together with punwit, huh? (who is a beer competition judge or something like that -- quite a connoisseur...)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna lives in Lille, but I haven't seen her about lately. She must be off being happily married.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.