FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Methods for getting yourself to do things you don't want to do. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Methods for getting yourself to do things you don't want to do.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I was recently told that Chile, rather than having states, is divided into 7 zones, each of which is numbered rather than named. Haven't gotten over to the CIA World Fact Book to confirm it yet though.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
"So I either make myself do them FIRST, or I leave them for someone else"
Farmgirl, I do the same thing. If I do the things I don't like to do first, the inertia gets me going to do the other things I don't mind so much.

Also, a big tip is to get on a schedule. Make a set time every day to do homework or projects or whatever and then give yourself a reward at the end. Only give yourself the reward, though, if you've completed the tasks you were supposed to.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
it's probably been said by noww, but to get stuff done, you have to close the window.

the hatrack window, probably any aim convo's with me and those evil junior boys (everyone else too, but they are the ones that distract me the most)

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did any of you ever have to make the cell from food? So that pieces of it represented the different parts of the cell.
*cough* Every single bio student I have taught. Except I forbade using perishables after the first couple years -- we like to display them for a few weeks, and they got pretty gross. [Angst]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.