FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » TORETHA!!!!

Author Topic: TORETHA!!!!
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to ask you this last night, but...

What are you doing for Ivan protection? Correlle and I are staying in the dorm, but if you plan on staying at home alone, we might crash with you.

Please call me so I can stop worrying!

[Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya'll have your storm kit ready, right?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
She's out getting flashlights right now so she'll be able to read even if the power goes out [Smile] .

Last she mentioned it to me, she was going to remain in the dorm for the storm, and was hoping the RAs wouldn't try to force her to stay inside the whole time (she rather likes hurricanes).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear, that girl is insane.

We've got plenty of books, batteries, and flashlights too. Plus, lots o food and water, although I'm getting more later tonight.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to put plywood up on the big windows I think. They are predicting like 60 mph winds or something for here if it stays on the track they show it now. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Mayday, m'fine! I have 6 bottles of water, candy, food, a sister, 3 flashlights (couldn't find batteries, but one of them can't run out of batteries) the windows are barred, and my escape plan to run around in the hurricane without the RA's noticing is all set [Wink]
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
What are folks in New Orleans going to do if there's flooding? I just read an article talking about how if it floods there may be a lot of toxins in the water (from household chemicals, local chemical plants, etc.)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

*SIGH!* Toretha, you love to make me worry. I never know if you're joking or not!

Plaid: It always ends up flooding in New Orleans, but they have levees to stop the river, huge floodwalls they can close if that doesn't work, and really good pumps.

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
If the hurricane hits New Orleans like directly, thousands of people will drown and downtown will be like 20 feet underwater. I wonder if it's gonna be a high tide? There was an article about this a few years back in Scientific American. A major disaster waiting to happen. Wonder why we don't do something since we know it's bound to happen sooner or later?

Totally like someone knowing in advance about 9/11 and just twiddling their thumbs waiting for it to come about.

Or even like someone knowing the solar system is full of asteroids which could strike at any time and just goofing around sorta hoping it doesn't happen, or at least too soon. [Smile]

[ September 15, 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

S'what happens when you live below sea level.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
MayDay--she's not joking, I assure you. Here is the conversation with the R.A. she had yesterday:

Anna: So what happens if I do go out in the hurricane?
Betty: Well...you could die.
Anna: I mean besides that. Like judicial action.

What's a sane person to do?

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Have her write "If found, please return to..." on a tag and put it inside her pants.

-Trevor

Edit: In a taped ziplocked bag, written in smear-proof ink, preferrably.

[ September 15, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
well, Jen, isn't it lucky you're not sane?
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.