FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A new milestone in my life: T-shirts that are 10 years old..

Author Topic: A new milestone in my life: T-shirts that are 10 years old..
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know have a weapon and bargaining chip that cannot be denied of its awesome power: The ability to use the phrase, "I have T-shirts older than you!".

I suppose this helps clarify the fact that my crusty old age of 33, and these 10-year old t-shirts can somehow prove the wisdom I have collected throughout life. As long as the subject of my wrath is 9 or younger. Don't worry though, I won't be throwing these t-shirts out any time soon. They mean too much to me now.

Also, to the responders of my previous thread: Thank You.

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=027157#000000

I was a bit out of sorts and was very very upset. But I have come to terms with the curves that life has thrown at me and found ways to straighten them out again. But I just wanted to thank all of you for a place to gripe and groan, but also wanted to apologize for being a troll.

Stronger, Faster, Better.

Alucard 2.0

[ September 15, 2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard,

I have t-shirts older than YOU. So there.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Liz

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a stuffed animal that's 25, but I'm thinking that telling someone that won't have the same effect.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard, so nice to see you back. I'm glad you are feeling better. And just so I sound a little less like a clone of the Lovely Liz, I will also sing you a bit of a song:

quote:
By the rivers dark
I wandered on.
I lived my life
In Babylon.

And I did forget
My holy song:
And I had no strength
In Babylon.

It was Leonard Cohen's contribution to The Passion of the Christ, though it was written and recorded several years ago. [Smile]

I've been a little crazy lately, too. Here's to leaving Babylon behind us.

[ September 15, 2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Ok, but do not expect me to admit this in public, but I still have my stuffed animals from when I was a kid. I am 33, so that makes Snorky 29. Mr sock is a bit younger at 30.

This is a relief to my wife I am sure, but I do not own any underwear that are 10 years old, however, I have a pair of AWESOME workboots that I still wear from 10th grade. That makes them 17 years old. I also own Michael Jackson's leather jackets from Thriller and Beat It . However, of course, these are not originals, but merely replicas.

BUT, let it be known that I make all my son's friends painfully aware that I have "underwear" (meaning my t-shirts) older then them.

Liz, thank you so much. I thought of you when I came on today and your previous concern over my snarkiness that day. I was ready to give it all up and become a monk somewhere in the Swiss Alps, if there are any monastaries left, that is.

Sara, I too have been tearing down walls and building new ones. I did not have the forethought to make any towers though. However, in retrospect, that sounds like a good idea of something I should have done. But I too will take up a flag in hand and celebrate the new Sara. And for the record, I talked to my mom, I talked to my dad. And then I talked to Hatrack.

Thanks again.

[ September 15, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, Frisco. That really does make you sound very old.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Suddenly I feel older...not wiser...just older...hehe

You know it's bad when you can remember that Michael Jackson once had a big nose and a huge fro...

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Jess. My first memory of music is listening to "Beat It" on the radio during my naptime.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have a stuffed animal that's 25
That's very soft and cuddly of you. [Cool]

[ September 16, 2004, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

quote:
Dude, Jess. My first memory of music is listening to "Beat It" on the radio during my naptime.
Then you have never felt the awesomeness that can only be described as:

Jordache Jeans.

For men.

I cannot even find a pic to make you cringe at the inate power that they possess...

[ September 16, 2004, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard,

When I was twenty-four, Flipper, my stuffed animal and confidant of my youth, was inadvertanlty thrown away by a mean person during a move. I guess they thought he was an old rag.

I stood in the middle of the empty apartment and cried for about ten minutes straight while my husband held me.

Never underestimate the power of an inanimate object.

I can still close my eyes and feel how he fit in the crook of my arm, and how, even when I was older, that would soothe me. Poor Flipper.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

My husband left his old stuffed puppy on an airplane. Between Hong Kong and Taiwan. I'm pretty sure they flew it back to him, though, because he still has it.
Alucard...
Member # 4924

My son has recently attached himself to this red fox pelt that he wears over his head like a headdress.

Bizarre!

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else thinking about Slash's only Landmark?

(#4444) Death squared, rage at teddy bears, and skipping stones...

Slash is continuing to write, although not frequently enough, at sakeriver.com's Tales from an Office Building (A new sakeriver feature).

[ September 16, 2004, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.