FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Computer help

Author Topic: Computer help
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
My computer has been acting really crappy lately, and one of the problems is that my virus protection program doesn't load. Every time it trys to start I get an error box saying the program Vshwin32 has performed an illegal operation. Can anyone help?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this an older computer? The antivirus program may be too big for your system.

Really, you should go to some computer bbs to get more specific help and instruction.

Hope your computer gets better! [Smile]

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
What I'd say about the virus checker would be to simply un-install and re-install, then run the updater. Pending you have the software somewhat legally.

What other problems?

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
What Psycho said; if the problem persists, go to http://www.grisoft.com and download the free personal version of AVG.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.