FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Turgan's Idiot Of The Day

Author Topic: Turgan's Idiot Of The Day
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, she did it again.
Britany Spears got married at a private residence last night in Somewhere, California.
This will be her longest marriage if she makes it to Tuesday. Her first ended atfter only 55 hours.
Maybe she should just kinda lay off the banging and try to be less ho-like, no?

Britany Spears is today's Idiot Of The Day.

[ September 20, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Turgan ]

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Just "of the day"?
I think she deserves more than that... [Wink]

[ September 20, 2004, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would have said it as follows.

Why? Is she popular again?

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think (and I can't believe I've thought about this, but I did watch some of her videos last week), I think Britney does not like her life and is trying to change it. She doesn't know what she's doing, but bless her heart, she is trying.

I read one article about that said what we are witnessing is a pop star on strike. She's been in the business and under the thumb of her handlers since she was fifteen.

I wouldn't choose this method of breaking free, but more power to her - I hope it works so she can grow up on her own.

Think about it - the last marriage lasted 55 hours, but that's because her people freaked out completely and paid the guy to go away. How incredibly humiliating - compared to the current treasure, I'll her handlers are just LONGING for that small town boy that's known her for twenty years and doesn't already have children with someone else. We are watching a train wreck - don't begrudge her her money, she's going to need it to get rid of this loser soon.

[ September 20, 2004, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why do all the idiots have all the money? grrrrr....
Not all of us do. [Grumble] [Grumble]
Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. . .but bless her heart, she is trying.
*snicker*
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I snickered too Papa Moose.

Honestly, why do we bother caring? Does anyone actually want to listen to her music anymore?

I mean I hear more about Jessica Simpson these days than Britney.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Watching the Britney implosion makes me wonder why people want to trash their childrens' lives this way. Not that it's all the parents' fault, but one has to wonder about the sanity of parents that let their underage teen prance about on stage half naked in front of millions of people and allow her to earn millions of dollars...oh...wait...now I get it...

Isn't it funny how money changes the way some people perceive their children. What we're watching with Brit is nothing new. If we look back sixty years or so, we can watch another young starlet implode...

her name was Judy Garland. [Angst]

[ September 20, 2004, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Jess N ]

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm

Idiot??

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. . .but bless her heart, she is trying.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha ha ha ha ha... ever notice how people only say "bless her/his/its heart if it's really ugly or wrong or stupid or something. My sister has an ugly baby. I mean... UGLY. U.G.L.Y. Someone slapped it with the ugly as hell stick. She showed it to my grandmother.
"Is that your baby?" grandma said.
"Yes. His name is Andrew." Abby said.
"Bless his heart."

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, for crying out loud!

I didn't MEAN it rude. I mean, I didn't mean that she's failing or that she's doing any of the things that seem to have been conveyed. I mean, it literally, that I think she's trying. You can be trapped by any kind of life, and what do you do when you've been a one-woman industry, hit 22, don't WANT to do what you've been doing since you were 16, but the hundred people around you won't let you quit because you are their source of wealth? And then in a fit of optimism and hope you marry a childhood sweetheart and have a humiliating annullment two days later. She's flipping off a lot of people, and not doing it particularly well, but then, I didn't do it particularly well either. Thank heavens no one was photographing me 24 hours a day when I was 20. I didn't date a skanky babyDaddy like that and my versiono of breaking free just meant taking coed road trips and staying out until six in the morning, but then, I didn't have a whole lot to break free from.

No, she's not handling this well, but I'm proud of her for trying to handle it at all. There are an awful lot of compliant, pretty women who stay in the Dumb Blonde Paycheck role. I'm not impressed with the guy, but I'm GLAD she's not Jessica Simpson anymore.

[ September 22, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*sigh* I can't believe I've thought about this this much. Anyway, here's an article from Salon about it. You have to watch an ad to get a day pass, but it's worth it.

To reestablish my high-brow credentials, I'm reading Madame Bovary.

That may not have done it. [Razz]

[ September 21, 2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Incidently, why is it idiocy for Britney to get married? Lots of people do it...
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
We saw the heart-warming results from last time...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I mean, she has been engaged to this guy forever, and she's been planning the wedding for forever. It's not like this is a new thing, it just means she managed to dupe the press into not finding out till after the wedding. I'm not sure why this makes her an idiot. She is allowed to get married, right?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oops, she did it again.
What? Did you just actually say that and mean it? That's about as unoriginal and cliche as it gets, dude. And you're calling her the idiot of the day? Heh.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Cliche and unoriginality does not an idiot make.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually katharina, I think you're right. That's my gut feeling too.

While I don't think she's going about it the right way and this marriage will probably be a horrible train wreck, I really hope she actually does find a way out of it all.

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a new day. When are we going to get our new idiot?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I think we got him last night...
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

I shoulda named it Idiot of the.. uhm... period betweent the time it takes for turgan to think of a new idiot....
I can always do Kerry as the Idiot of the day. But noooo.. I no nothing of politics.. and all the power mongers (democrats) would get WAAAAAAAAY mad...
... uhm
I could do... hmmm..
Heh.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, FOLKS!
*runs and hides*

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the public could get to the point where it didn't care about the personal lives of celebrities.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. I'm a power monger, but have yet to claim a political affiliation. Apparently, I'm a Democrat.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
How's this for Idiots of the Day.

I watched a parade of motorcyclists, about 200, ride past my house this weekend. Sasha loved standing out there waving at them, and many honked back.

However...

If you weigh more than your motorcycle, perhaps you should consider other apparel choices than leather.

If your vehicle has four wheels, its not a motorcycle, even if two of those wheels appear to be training wheels on a regular motorcycle.

If you spend more on your motorcycle than you spent on your house, and you still can't get it over 70mph, then perhaps you need a new hobby.

Being a 70 year old motorcyclist doing 18mph in a 35mph zone is being an idiot.

Beng an 18 year old motorcyclist doing 70mph in a 35mph zone is also being an idiot.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

MOTORCYCLISTS ARE DAN_RAVENS IDIOTS OF THE DAAAAY!!!!

*runs and hides... then eats cheese sticks*

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

no--bad motorcyclists are my Idiot of the Day.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

edit:
WHAT DAN RAVEN SAID!

[ September 21, 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Turgan ]

Turgan
Member # 6697

HA HA HA HA HAHA... CHECK THIS SH** OUT!!!!

Ok ok ok.. this is too hilarious.

McAllen, Tx. Yesterday afternoon.
Some guy tries to break into a nice looking house. It has burgler bars... his abdomen gets stuck and he just can't get out... Thankfully, though, he's broken into the kitchen and near the phone.. so he picks it up and dials 911 for help. They came, bail him out.. and arrest in ass on the spot.
HA!

This man Is Turgan's Idiot Of The Day.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

OK, but more details on yesterday's Idiot of the Day
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
I had no idea motorcycles could go that fast!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

hell, they can go faster than THAT, some of them
I like the end, about crashing on a motorcycle at 200 MPH... saying it won't look pretty...
I think it'll look just as non-pretty if you crash one going 75 MPH.
hyuk hyuk hyuk.
*snickers annoyingly at his own lame joke*

[ September 22, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Turgan ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."
I'm pretty sure I know what would happen. "Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."
Turgan
Member # 6697

THE MAN HAS A POINT!!!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.