FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Annoying Game

Author Topic: Annoying Game
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
This game is suprisingly difficult, and thus I am ashamed.

http://www.scenta.co.uk/reverse/

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't get past level 5, but the boss was coming and I had to stop.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It's easy with a laptop. [Smile]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Level 7
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
Even cheating (with the mouse upside down), I find this very difficult.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
What's wierd is that now I'm having trouble getting the mouse to go the right direction.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to slow down my mouse, but I completed all the levels. I don't remember the exact wording, but it said something like "Congratulations! You have completed the game." Kind of a letdown after all that work.

I think my difficulty was having an ergonomic mouse -- I don't naturally make the mouse go straight horizontally or vertically anyway, so I kept sliding to one direction or the other unintentionally. Maybe that's part of the gimmick, though, in that one unconsciously corrects for such movement, and that's what must be retrained to go the wrong direction. Anyway, it was an excellent time waster. Thank you, Book.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
How many levels are there?

I got to lvl 20 and then got booted offline.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I lost track, actually -- I got pulled away by a kid not having gone to sleep yet, and when I came back it just said "Final Level" without giving a number. It wasn't much (if any) more than twenty, though.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard for me, not because the reversing effect has me confused but because the mouse I'm using is wonky and the cord is all kinked.

Anyone remember Heaven and Earth? It was a puzzle game with superb graphics. It came out in the early 90s and one set of puzzles was all based on having the mouse motions reversed. I think it was only for Mac, though. I wish it were available now.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
woohoo!! I did it!! [Party]

[ September 20, 2004, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
AHAHAHAHA! [ROFL]

That screaming baby monster was so freaking scary!!!!

[Eek!] [Angst] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't tell you what a personal victory it was for me to complete this. I have always had difficulty with spatial/hand-eye coordination things. (Neither by itself--I was good with 3-dimensional geometry, for instance.) I was all set to give up at level four, and then I saw that most people in this thread made it through the whole thing, so I became determined to keep on going. At level six, though, I decided that this was really not going to happen. But I kept trying. After level ten or so, I started to become more confident. I would see something crazy and think not, "This will be impossible," but, "This will be hard."

And then came level 16.

I must have spent nearly an hour on level sixteen alone. Several times I made it to the bottom of the elevator and either couldn't get off in time, or got off and crashed into the top wall. After level 16, 19 was suprisingly hard, but I knew it was just a matter of patience.

Talk about making too much out of a silly little flash game! [Big Grin]

I don't think the reversal made it any more difficult for me; I would have had as hard a time if it were normal. I did develop ten years' worth of carpal tunnel syndrome in a couple of hours, though.

I am also finding that I can no longer use my mouse correctly! [Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only gotten to level 5.
I'm having trouble with the mouse now, too.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyone remember Heaven and Earth?
Yeah. Good game, that. I never did finish the whole thing, but some of those puzzles were fun. Especially the one with the groups of blocks that moved together. And the Figure/Ground section. The card game was pretty cool, too -- like the one in Fool's Errand with the major arcana, but somewhat more complicated.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
My mouse's movements are just too restricted--too much stuff on the table. [Frown] :
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.