FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Star Wars Memories (from the cast and crew)

Author Topic: Star Wars Memories (from the cast and crew)
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Read all about it
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a good read.....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when people can't take a compliment. Quit telling me how mystified you are that the fans love it so much. Just accept it and move on.

Other than that, good read. But it still won't get me to buy the Special Edition DVDs.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie Fisher went REALLY crazy towards the end. I think she's WAAAAAY too insane.
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
They have really aged, too.

Harrison Ford needs to get rid of the earing. It's just pathetic for a 60+ year old guy to be wearing it.

I'm getting old.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I remember the memos from 20th Century Fox," Hamill said. "`Can you put a pair of lederhosen on the Wookie?' All they could thing of was, `This character has no pants on!' This went back and forth. They did sketches of him in culottes and baggy shorts."
BWAHAHA! Lederhosen??
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Yoda's philosophy was quite simplistic. `If you get angry, you're gonna lose.' `Don't try, do.' He has a basic philosophy that is very charming. Not very profound, although young people consider it profound. I wish they would read more."
Oh, burn.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Carrie Fisher went REALLY crazy towards the end. I think she's WAAAAAY too insane.
She was young, neurotic, and doing drugs. She knew Paul Simon loomed in her future.

I'd go crazy too.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- angry that he can't buy the DVDs of the real movie.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She knew Paul Simon loomed in her future.
On a related note, have you noticed how much Edie Brickel (of "What I am" fame) looks like Carrie Fisher? When I first saw her (I was 14) and my first thought was "Carrie Fisher's singing?".

Paul Simon is married to Edie Brickel (for the last 10 years, at least).

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Someday, Lucas will die and the original transfers will fall into the hands of his descendants. And if his descendants are not idiots, they will release the original movies at that point.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
There's also a new Star Wars special on VH1.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I know someone who managed to aquire them from Asia.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Where in Asia?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be wrong for me to wish for his timely (read early) demise?

<-- conflicted

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I blame George Lucas for Sky Captain?

That said, my favourite quote from the special "Star Wars: Empire of Dreams" was paraphrased in this article, but the original is far superior:

quote:
Of all the things to worry about, the Wookiee has no pants.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where in Asia?
Well, the originals have been available on VCD and then DVD for years now overseas. I never was going to get them either, but now that my dreams of getting the originals on an official legal dvd are going out the window, I may be picking those versions up.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
(whistles, whispers out of the side of his mouth) ...try ebay... (sidles away)

For those interested, tomorrow's column will be on the new changes made to the movies for this DVD release.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the OT on laserdisk, so, in theory, I could transfer them to writeable dvd.

I mean, I know it's possible. I just don't know how to do it. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother has the Laserdisc versions converted to DVD. He is supposed to be making me a copy, but I probably won't be seeing him until February.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.