FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XVIII: a mynah bird (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XVIII: a mynah bird
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Your accounts have been filtered again, Rep. Yup, they have been resieved.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to be either a miner or a pilot when I was young, but my father said "Neither a burrower nor a lander be."
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

After we drink the first quartile tell you my story, Dag. Where can we median, the lounge? Don't be mean, and come, OK? If you are feeling low, we can get high, by whatever mode you like. I am like this in the summer, you know. They used to call me that fine number, "Summer E."
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

A guy was at a party and needed something to apply some ointment with. He took the host's Mountblanc writing implement and used it, then hid it in the host's uncle's ashes so no one would know.

The pen he salved was the pen he urned.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag, that joke really smelt. And yes, I mint every word I said. It was no better than a Knox Knox joke.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Reparty, The ATM pun was great. Re your earlier edit, I should step up to the plate but alas the Windows of opportunity is closing fast and I am in the Unix position of trying to play catch up with my old friend.

I am surprised at the number of puns we have wrung out of this topic. At first blush I thought there would be insufficient punds.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Elizabeth, I just have to say that statement is an ocean-going vessel carrying nothing but gold bars: pure bullion ship.

[ September 26, 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The FDA has come out with new regulations on chicken strips. Soon you'll be seeing packaging bearing the label "Legal Tender."
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Is that REIT?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, you can take that to the bank!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

We have a tradesman here in Ottawa that does flooring and countertops. The funny thing is that this guys last name is Crooks and he is the best counter fitter around.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Sounds like he's cornered the market. No bull!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, we are certainly trying to trim the fat in this house. I am sick of meating out so much money to these kids! They have no steak in anything if they don't work for it, you know?

It's like the say about lice: In hair, riddance!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That was just taxing. In come I seeking shelter, and out go I, spent.

Let's face it Elizabeth, after that last set of puns, there will have to be some cuts around here.

Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
You tell-er, Bob!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, no, not the coatcheck girl! She has small kids to feed. Please don't make her an ex-checker!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

May I be franc? These pun threads just pound a topic into dust. Euro din here thinking there'd be some sort of reasonable exchange. But if I had to rate this thread, I'd put it a mite low. I just can't peso round this anymore.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
*tries to think of pun*

I'm drawing a bank.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I heard a new musician tonight! He calls himself Badly Withdrawn Boy.

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1052317

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
That just doesn't make cents!
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Mark my words, Vadon, it does. You just don't have a yen for puns, I guess.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oh, I get it! He's a great lira-cist.
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm being quite franc when I say, "That was a great pun, Bob"
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Hat]

Euro Kay too.

Bhat what will we do next?

punwit
Member # 6388

I could continue shilling for you. Perhaps we could lira some unsuspecting rupes into our pun shenanigans and have a riel blast.

[ October 31, 2004, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Can we have mint juleps?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You two are such rubles.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.