FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shaun of the Dead

Author Topic: Shaun of the Dead
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen this movie? I heard it's like Napoleon Dynamite meets Dawn of the Dead.

And that it's "hilarious". (typed caps first but I'm getting it down. It's that dern screenwriting formatting getting into my writing styles)

Anyways, any info would be appreciated.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks funny.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's something I'd love to see if it wasn't so violent and full of language and stuff it was rated R; I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it seems like exactly my type of humor from the promos.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit I have not yet seen any of the Dawn of the Dead movies, except the 90's remake which was wonderful.

There are three in the series right? Dawn when the dead first come back. In that one there is the initial shock to civilization and panic but eventually people calm down and organize and the military gets into full swing. Then Day of the Dead? I guess the rebound of society wasn't as stable as it first appeared and we start loosing ground. And by the last movie...(Night of the Dead?) we've lost everything but a handful of military fortresses where scientists desperatly are trying to figure a way to stop the dead and save what's left of Humanity.

Is this right? I've only gotten this much from reading the back of the boxes... but it seems like a neat plot!

Please give me more data!

[ September 24, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yeah, it's something I'd love to see if it wasn't so violent and full of language and stuff it was rated R; I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it seems like exactly my type of humor from the promos."

If it's exactly your type of humor, why should the rating matter to you?

-------

Telp, "Night of the Living Dead" is first. Then "Dawn," and then "Day." But you can't really call them connected in any meaningful way.

[ September 24, 2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.