FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Best DVD Commentary Tracks (or how Mean Girls sucked)

Author Topic: Best DVD Commentary Tracks (or how Mean Girls sucked)
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I was really looking forward to Tina Fey's commentary on Mean Girls. She is so smart and funny on SNL I thought her commentary track would be the greatest thing since Roger Ebert's commentary for Dark City.

I think Tina would've been funnier if Lorne Michael wasn't there. Every time Lorne spoke he sucked the life out of the conversation.

What are some of your favorite DVD commentaries?

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Done ten years after the original movie, John Hughes commentary is hilarious.

Keeping the Faith - Edward Norton had a mixed experience making this movie, and he isn't afraid to talk about it. Also very funny.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. LOTR FOTR. Doesn't matetr which one. Either funny or interesting.

TT's pretty good too.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hard-torn between FotR's "tig" conversation and anything Billy and Dom says in the TTT commentary. I loves them both! *can't wait for RotK EE*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked the part where Viggo Mortensen recounted the story of how during the Argonath scene, Frodo's scale double told Viggo that he didn't know how to swim and laughed maniacally while their boat speed down the river. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I love watching my Family Guy DVDs with commentary on the episodes. Seth Macfarlane is halarious.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ghost Busters- done in the style of MST3K.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose commentary on Brother Bear.

I just love the Bob & Doug Mackenzie schtick. And if you don't agree, then you can take off, eh!

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
THe Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk commentary for Firefly. I forget which episode, but that one had me rolling on the floor.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Donnie Darko has a funny and interesting commentary track. The Red Dwarf DVDs also have great commentaries. The cast gets together and talks about every episode, and they're a great bunch of comedic actors.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.