FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A question of ettiquette

Author Topic: A question of ettiquette
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to the homecoming dance with a girl as friends. She asked me. My questions are:
Should I pay for her ticket?
Should I buy her one of those flower thingies?
Should I, in this case, dance only with her? Going as friends, you see.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
You do not have to pay, that can be worked out between you two in whatever way you want.

Yes, buy her a flower thing, girls want that no matter who they go with.

Dance a good amount of time with her, but you can dance with others as well.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask her.

But I think you'll have a lot more fun if you go all out and make it a special night for the two of you alone. It doesn't have to mean anything more than making something memorable (in all the right ways).

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Will most guys who are going with their girlfriends be buying corsages (the flower thingy)? If so then you might as well. Ask about dancing, and offer to pay for her ticket. She sill probably say no but it is a nice gesture.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't guess. Ask her how she wants to do thing.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
If she buys the tickets, you should offer to pay for your own. If you buy the tickets, you should not ask her for money, but if she offers to pay, and she sounds sincere, go ahead and accept her money. The alternative is to offer to pay for the whole thing and tell her to consider this her birthday present.

You should pay for dinner. If she offers to pay, go ahead and let her.

Not only should you buy her a flower thing, you should get her the nicest flower thing you can afford. Girls love to show off their flower things to each other.

You should reserve your first and last dance for her, unless there is an understanding between the both of you that there are other people at the dance you would both rather dance with.

It is your duty to check up on her often to make sure she isn't bored, being bothered by jerks, etc. But if she is having a good time without you, go ahead and go do your own stuff.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you really just friends or friends with possibilities? Is this a pure convenience type of thing or is this a "Some Kind of Wonderful" deal?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.