FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ultimate Frisbee Tournament

Author Topic: Ultimate Frisbee Tournament
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

Just wanted to invite everyone to my Ultimate Frisbee tournament the weekend of October 9th, on Saturday and Sunday. It's an amazing sport. I joined on a whim at the beginning of the year, only having played pickup ultimate, and was quickly lured into sticking with it. It's a lot of fun to watch, there's tons of diving and jumping for the frisbee, as well as some awesome tosses.
The reason why I'm plugging this tournament in particular is because we only hold one tournament a year, if even that, so not only would you guys be able to see a great tournament, but I'd be able to show you Oberlin College, which is uber-cool.

Anyway, Oberlin is about 30 minutes from Cleveland, so if any of you are interested in coming, drop me a line either here or at Icedragon60 AT gmail Dot com.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
There's no way I could possibly show up, but I too enjoy Ultimate.

What format is your tourney? Is it a hat tournament, or have you invited teams?

I'm on the Oregon B-team, so not much glamour, but we're sponsored by Nike, like everything at the UO. [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's an invitational. I'm on B team too, being completely new to the sport, but I love it immensely.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Playing cup makes my heart explode.

I love it.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

We did a cup drill today, and went over Zone. It was a lot of fun.

Also, Oberlin Frisbee only hosts a tournament every few years, if even that. Chances are I'll never play at a home-tournament again while I'm at Oberlin, so this is definetely the tournament to be at.

Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I play for Allegheny, and I'm not sure if we're planning to go to that tournament, but we've been to other Cleveland tournaments so it's a possibility that we'll be there. We're in Meadville, PA, if you haven't heard of Allegheny College before.

I agree that it's an amazing sport. I'd never played before college, but got here and was suckered into it. There are times when I even start to think it might be better than soccer, but then I regain my senses. I do have to say that it is by far the most dangerous sport I've ever played. In just over a year of playing it I've had two concussions, and teammates who've broken bones and dislocated joints rather more frequently than ought to happen in a non-contact sport.

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I play in a samll league me and my friends organize and run. It's actually become pretty populuar in our town.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.