FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bob, I need your big book of dreams! (Or other interested folk.)

Author Topic: Bob, I need your big book of dreams! (Or other interested folk.)
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone that wants to give this a shot can do so, please:

My friend just called me to get me to interpret her dream she had, but I think it would be better to get some objective opinions on this.

Bobbi is sitting in the back of a church waiting for a wedding to begin, watching as people file in to the church and sit down. After a while music starts playing and everyone starts looking around and talking and wondering what's going on (like, what's the hold-up?) when Bobbi suddenly realizes "Oh my gosh, this is MY wedding! I'm not ready!"

So she rushes to get dressed in a back room and put up her hair and puts on her dress (everything's already there waiting for her) but when she puts on her petticoat she realizes that it's black. Then she puts on a pair of white tights, than another pair of tights and her shoes, then she looks down and realizes the second pair of tights and her shoes are black also.

So she leaves the dressing room, freaking out because she feels like she can't get married in back shoes. Then her bridesmaids come in dressed all funky (different colored ribbons and stuff) and she asks them, "Where have you been! You're suposed to be helping!" She freaks out (mainly because of the black shoes) and leaves the church.

----

We can give you guys more details about her life if you ask for them but we thought it would be better to start out with just the dream so the interpretation can be as objective as possible.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No] too much stress...

(that's what I say for all dreams)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Was there actually a groom standing at the front of the church that she met or saw. Or was he completely non existent?

Is she in a relationship already?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

The bigger issue (the one I wonder about and have recently specifically with regards to dreams) is how often does your subconscious mind lie to you? Or is it telling truth that you don't want to hear or acknowledge? Or is it that anything a bit off the wall is merely product of stress and indigestion?

And what if you can't get the dream out of your head and your subconcious and concious mind appear to be duking it out with out you having any actual say in the matter?

AJ

[ September 30, 2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Seh says a groom was standing up there, but it was a guy she didn't know, or rather, she can't remember/tell you who it was.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

If I'm going to actually interpret the dream, here's my take:

There is something big and important looming or maybe there isn't actually anything currently big and important looming, but everything is going well and she thinks there *might* be something big and important around the bend.

So big and important that she'd never forget it in IRL but she's afraid that its going to sneak up on her while she's unprepared, and there's nothing she can actually *do* to prepare herself for it. So since the preparation will never be exactly right until she has to do it (black shoes) and no one is going to help her (crazy bridesmaids) she could give into her fear and run away and not do it at all.

Do I think she actually will give in? No. But the dream is probably acknowledging the fear exists.

OR it could just be indigestion.

AJ

[ September 30, 2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the vast majority of my dreams are just my brain farting.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

My dreams, when I remember them, are always so vivid that I wake up and for at least a few seconds until I figure out where I am again, think they really happened.

This can often be unpleasant especially when my parents are yelling at me in them. But it makes them harder to write off as brain farts too.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

*bump* surely other people can come up with some good creative interpretations of this dream!

AJ

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Surely someone can help me figure out why the hell I keep having scary being pregnant dreams. [Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
It's tough giving virgin birth.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Surely someone can help me figure out why the hell I keep having scary being pregnant dreams."

Well, assuming you're getting regular sex now....

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that dream speaks to not feeling she's fitting in with her culture's/family's expectations. The wedding is a symbol of the expectations they have, such as she get married, have a family, etc, although it may be that this dream is about succeeding in school, work, etc. It's a big, symbolic event in your life, is the point. However, she didn't realize she was supposed to be ready; there's an inner conflict going on about how she feels vs. what she's expected to do next. She kept trying to get ready, even though she was freaking out, and couldn't do it right. She may be feeling that she can't live up to those expectations, even though she's been trying. Her friends don't understand her needs; the bridesmaids weren't ready when she needed them and didn't help her get ready. She wants to flee from her problems and be herself, but feels guilt about not living up to others' expectations for her.

My completely uneducated guess.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<dusts off Bob's Giant Book of Wedding Dreams for the new Millennium>

Um, okay, it's really from the old millennium.

But, here's what it says:

quote:
Bride dreams come in many varieties and connoatations. By far the most frequent, however, are the panicked dreams of missing the wedding, or being caught in an inappropriate act (such as showing up naked or having married a baboon). This has happened to more than one woman affianced to Bob, as one can well imagine.

But no matter, these are emphatically NOT dreams about weddings. They are dreams about life changing-events. And one's lack of preparation, resources, or support. Look to the imagery for clues to the sort of things that might be causing disappointment or stress in the waking life.

Ah...I miss the old Giant Book.

So...I think this is pretty self-explanatory as these things go. Except for that part about panicking fiances of mine... Humph!!!

But here's the deal -- the dream is indicating that there's a major life changing event looming and the dreamer is feeling insecure about it. It's rather telling that the bridesmaids all show up and are completely useless. Rather than take this literallly (i.e., advising your friend that she needs a new batch of more-reliable friends), the Book is clearly indicating that there's a lack of support and/or resources that is causing the insecurity and feelings of dread over the coming change. Unpreparedness...

Now, examining the list of clothing that is donned for the occasion, we can also see that there's a predominance of the color black. Inappropriate for a wedding. That's the significance. Not that black is bad luck at a wedding, but that the bride has chosen to wrap herself in the most CLEARLY inappropriate things she has at hand. And she says that these things were "laid out" for her...

So...in waking life, she's feeling as if all the preparation she's been doing (for "whatever") has begun to show itself as just plain wrong. Wrong for what she's really headed for. What she really wants.

It might be a signal to branch out, learn new things, new ways of relating to the world, new skills that will be a better fit to her true goals.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] It may take 4 months, but never let it be said that Bob left a dream unanalyzed. (Except mack's . . . [Wink] )
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if it'll be four months till I hear about mine. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops

[Blushing]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*

It's ok, we understand. These thing happen to starry-eyed grooms. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
In four months, you would *know* what the dream meant.

*duck*

----------

Last night I had scary dreams about clowns. One man was a clown, but he was a hobo-clown, so I wasn't scared of him. Something about the white make-up?
Anyway, I woke myself up several times during the night to try and shake it off, but I kept dreaming about clowns. Stupid brain farts!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Jen, I KNEW someone would say that! --I--

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.