FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When Ya Gotta Blow... You Gotta Blow.

Author Topic: When Ya Gotta Blow... You Gotta Blow.
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! They've just announced in a newsbreak that Mount St. Helens has erupted. They are reporting that it is not as big as the one back in 1980.

I know we have a few members in the WA area. How is everything? I was born in that area and lived there for the first few years of my life. I moved away long before it erupted.

Eruption News

Info on Mount St. Helens

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
So is it bad when the earth itself ruins the environment?

I'm all for stopping deforestation, but damn that mountain is guilty of "arbor genocide" and it's thinking of doing it again.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I'm so thankful for the technology that helps predict/monitor these types of things.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man. It looks pretty lame.

I hear last time it blew, we had cool sunsets here for years.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!!! [Cool]

Wish I was there to watch.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked at a still shot from here and it looked tranquil. It couldn't have been much of an eruption.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You people who sound disappointed are crazy.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Mothra's back on the cam.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Peanuts. Nuthin' - all's well here . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no clue until I read about it here. Tyhe kids think it's pretty cool.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
I left my bike there last night and was going to fetch it today but I bet it's now buried under 10 feet of ash. That really upsets me because I did the same thing last week and there wasn't any eruption. I was really counting on that whole "dormant" thing.
Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm all for stopping deforestation, but damn that mountain is guilty of "arbor genocide" and it's thinking of doing it again."

It is obviously a Republican conspiracy. First, the hurricanes, now the earthquakes.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I find that the hurricanes aren't meant to favor anyone, just a way of saying, "Florida, don't screw this election up."

Man, I like the cascades, used to live on them. I was about 45 miles away from Mt. Baker.

[ October 02, 2004, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
I live very close to Mount St. Helens (I literally have a clear view of it from my neighborhood) and I can honestly say that all the anticipation that was centered around this one single eruption was all in vain. I couldn't hold my interest in the news reports for more than five minutes.

However, there will always be the fear of knowing that this might be just a taste of what is to come. I've already got my gas mask ready.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
In the article I read, it said the eruption was like a burp.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.