FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favorite/Worst Reality T.V. show

Author Topic: Favorite/Worst Reality T.V. show
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see a specific thread (I am search challenged) so wanted to post this.

My favorite "Reality" T.V. show was probably "The Amazing Race" followed by "The Apprentice" and then maybe "Survivor" (getting old) Oh and my wife likes "The Bachelor".

Worse would be...all the ripoffs of previous shows that are winners. Like "The Benefactor" or "For Love or Money".

I like "The Apprentice" and "The Bachelor" more.

Actually the whole Reality T.V. thing is getting old in my book, but I do enjoy the ones above occasionally.

What are your picks for Best and Worse?

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite reality show is Jeopardy.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
We like the Amazing Race, also. Survivor is okay, like you said, getting a bit old. Not a fan of any others, really.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I was about to say that I can't stand reality TV, but then I was proven wrong.

Jeopardy.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Amazing Race, but not for the reality tv bit, more the places they get to go to.

I'd rather watch Michael Palin's Around the World in Eighty Day's for example.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite reality show is Nova, followed by Nature and Antiques Roadshow.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked American Idol the few times I watched. I don't watch TV much though.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite reality show is MTV's Made, where MTV send experts to help teenagers achieve their dreams. Generally the dreams are pretty standard stuff, like participating in a battle of the bands or enrolling in a skateboarding competition. The show teaches kids that they don't necessarily have to trap themselves in stereotypes and that hardwork and imagination will take you a lot further in life than appearing "cool" in front of your peers.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
My faovrite is Trigger Happy TV.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
This is like asking me "what's your favorite vaccination?"
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched one episode of 1900 house. That was a stretch. I'm such a snob. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Colonial house was cool. Amish in the City was interesting, but I didn't get to see how it ended.
Nature is also cool
But most other shows are very, very boring.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is like asking me "what's your favorite vaccination?"
AMEN!

What's your favorite skin rash?

[ October 01, 2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer chicken pox, but any itchy inflamation of the skin will do. [Wink]

One thing reality T.V. has shown me...

If that's reality then we're all ____ed.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
I think people generally confuse reality TV with TV game shows. All of the so-called reality shows are just contestants competing for a prize.

"Americas Funniest Videos" is also reality in the guise of a game show because they give away a prize for the "funniest" video.

"Cops" on the other hand is a true reality show. There is no competition. Just people caught on tape acting out extraordinarily stupid human behavior for our entertainment.

-steev

[ October 03, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Steev ]

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Sharpie and MPH: they're all bad.

Well, except there's a special place in my heart for Airline on A&E. I love nasty, stupid, arrogant people getting EXACTLY what they deserve.

"No, I'm sorry, sir, you WON'T be getting on this flight tonight, and if you continue to yell, we'll be calling the police."

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a dream last night where I created the ultimate reality show.

Suicide Island.

The bad part, when I woke up, I figured out how this show could be made.

The company sets up a suicide prevention hotline. They spend good amounts of money to actually save lives. But they also send camera crews out to some of the people with suicidal thoughts.

Eventually, they bring them to an independent island that the company owns. There they legalize suicide, though they keep a large staff of various psychologists on hand to help.

Still, they leave it up to the individual to decide if suicide is or is not their answer.

Its morbid and disgusting.

I think it would sell.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
As scary as that is, Dan, I think people would watch it.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.