FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XX: Va-POO-Rize (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XX: Va-POO-Rize
reparty
Member # 6884

- posted      Profile for reparty   Email reparty         Edit/Delete Post 
One guy wears a nickel to cover his occular, the other searches the net for a Sesame street character. Here is the Tesla, which invented the radio? Nickel eye or Google elmo, you can only Marconi.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Arrrrggghhh... I don't get the last on on the 1st page...reparty????
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
When the first river residents invented the boat, they canoe it would be something every fisherman would want.

They were right. Everyone went nets over it. They were hooked.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well tan my hide! You're a stitch!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

[Blushing]

Gee, thanks, Bob, but I don't know leather that's really true or not.

What am I doing?

Don't let me dissuede you from your praise.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

There was initial confusion over the prize Alfred Nobel set up in his name. Nobel invented dynamite, which quickly became known for its ability to blow large objects to smithereens.

Small wonder, then, that the first announcement for the Nobel prizes announced the establishment of a "Pieces Prize."

It was really just a simple typographical error and the ensuing controversy was blown up out of all proportion.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Way back in ancient times, when people wanted to get rid of waste, someone invented a system of pipes to do this. It was a woman, though no one knows that now. The Roman Emperor told her that if she revealed the secret, he would sue 'er.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering which nerd was responsible for opening the flood Gates of proprietary software?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

The appearance of Scotch tape Drew rave reviews from one and all.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

The Montgolfier Brothers were widely held to be full of hot air.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, I really wish our friend Icarus would get into these pun threads. I think his puns would take wing, and melt our hearts. He is so fatherly. Come on Dad, All Us kids want you to play!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I don't think there's ever been a grinder invention than the organ.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Icarus could wax punnish. It'd be a feather in his cap.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reparty
Member # 6884

Bob, the florist in my earlier pun was one of a team of guys whose names were John, William and Walter. They were interested in a sibling who worked part-time managing at the railroad. She was a train sister also referred to as a semi conductor.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reparty
Member # 6884

Inventors are some times like starving artists, they might have to hold down two jobs while they learn their proficiency. I knew two Steve's and they knew what was knack. Their invention was the apple of everyone's eye. However it was soon matched by another that arguably became more popular. I know I Bye 'Em.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There was a guy named Len in my school. We did not see him at all after graduation. Lately, I have been thinking about him. I think I should contact Len's mom to see if we can go saline together.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

A German man finally scaled a good mountain, and came down with, of course, a good book. We were very im-pressed with his printing.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

My favorite cow got put out to Pasteur.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

When Noah finally made it to land, he found some people who had barely survived on the mountain for all that time. When they saw his boat, they yelled, "Look!! An Ark o' Meaties!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Human heard this bad joke and thought "Gee, I'm a tree."
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, is it true, or are Euclidding?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hmm...It's a little Tufte tell, isn't it.

[bragging]I get to go hear Edward Tufte speak tomorrow.
[/bragging]

[Big Grin]

[ October 06, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so glad that private space exploration is really on its way. That SpaceShipOne was a sight to behold and, unlike our airlines, timely too. It arrived Rutan time.

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The pressure suit's him!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

There were problems in early space exploration with the chimps, and they didn't know if it would be more dangerous if they scratched orbit.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I wasn't sure you'd be Able to make that pun, but it made quite a splash.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, it wasn't rocket science.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am sorry that is how you fuel about it, Dag.
punwit
Member # 6388

Chute, I just seem to be having a hard time with this topic.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I invented an artificial toe to cover up a minor accident with a chainsaw, a squirrel, and two rabid acorns, but that's another story all together.

Anyway, I put all kinds of useful gadgetry built into to appendage. To connect it to my foot I used simple thumb tacks.

Yep, I invented Tech Tack Toe.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I knew a woman guitar genius who was accused of a crime, but no one would deFender.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.