FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ROCKST*R?

Author Topic: ROCKST*R?
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so desperate for energy that I bought a double strength, 16oz. energy drink at the grocery store today called ROCKST*R.

"Party like a rockstar" the can's label screamed at me.

"Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger. The world's most powerful Energy Drink is now available Sugar Free! Enhanced with the potent herb Milk Thistle, ROCKSTAR is scientifically formulated to speed the recovery time of those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles - from athletes to rockstars."

I can't finish it. I'm scared. It's huge. I don't feel like Bruce Springsteen yet. Maybe I should drink it all.

I'll probably buzz like crazy then drop after 10 minutes. I'll be napping by the time the kids get off the bus.

Yes, an active and exhausting lifestyle!

Pimp or Rockst*r?

changed the title...didn't like it.

[ October 04, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

My face is burning!

I'm not sure I'd recommend this stuff to anyone. It's pretty potent.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, but did you try it with Jack Daniels?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

NO way...geeesh [Eek!] , what kind of mother do you think I am?

I usually wait until after 3:00 pm before I pull out the heavy artillery.

Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
These energy drinks are basically fruit juice loaded with sugar. They have as much or less caffeine than a cup of coffee, and they usually taste much worse.

They're all marketing. If you want energy, spare your wallet and get a cup of coffee.

Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
But what if you're mormon?
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
How does it taste? I saw someone buy a bunch yesterday
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Do energy drinks actually give you energy? I was thinking about trying a red bull before a cross country meet. Would it help?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're Mormon, wouldn't drinking these mean following the letter but not the spirit of the law? Or are such drinks explicitly allowed?
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.