FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You Rang? (Now a "friendly contest)!!

Author Topic: You Rang? (Now a "friendly contest)!!
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else here live in a haunted house?

[ October 06, 2004, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You go, Lurch...

Very cool house, KarlEd...even if you didn't make it to the WMASS Hatrack picnic... [Big Grin]

For a final touch you should put those fake spiderwebs on the railing of your porch...it would lok really cool!

Scare those holy rollers off your side lawn... [Evil]

[ October 05, 2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous. You have the perfect place to set up a haunted house.

Might I suggest some arms reaching out from the crawl space under the house.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, motion-activated animatronic arms! And recordings of screaming sounds!!

Those are great photos. [Evil]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Yeah, I have the fake spiderweb stuff and some fake spiders. (If Halloween were a month early, I wouldn't need to fake either of those [Eek!] ) And another idea I want to try is to get a string of red lights and put them under the porch grouped in pairs so they look like the glowing eyes of a hoard of rats.

So in short, I'm not finished. After putting the jack o'lanterns in the windows, though, I just had to take a photo.

I've been a tiny bit disappointed that my house is right on PA 116 through town. It's very busy and quite a few trucks come through at night, but it's not too bad. The plus is at just about any moment I can look out my front window and see a car at the light with someone inside looking at my house and grinning or some kid in the backseat pointing and banging dad on the shoulder so he'll look.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Eyes in the Bushes

A variation of this worked pretty well for me. Unfortunately, it will be a while before my new house has bushes large enough for this to work.

Check this site out for a lot of ideas.

Monster Page of Halloween

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet your house is going to be the cause of a lot of dares [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

LOL - I'm not sure I want it to be THAT scary. I still want to give out candy this Halloween.

Incidentally, Hanover apparently really gets into Halloween. They have a parade on Thursday before Halloween this year and it lasts nearly 3 hours. That's pretty good for a town that only rates one of the tiny dots on the state map.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat, KarlEd. I'm so glad your house brings you joy already.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice House. I like it.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
That's very cool Karl ED.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Hey zgator,
Thanks for the link for the eyes. I was just going to buy red lights, but apparently they are very scarce. In fact, at WalMart I couldn't find any simple strings of lights for Halloween. They all had junk attached. So I bought a string of normal white lights and I'm going to try the method you linked. I'll put photos up when I get it done.

Also, I'm going to try the fog chiller from the other link. I've always had the problem of my fog machine's fog just dispersing up into the room mostly cutting visibility rather than adding creepiness. I never thought of chilling the fog. (Smacks head).

Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you ever think about maybe a cut out poorly back-lit in one of those windows?

Give people a "you're being watched" effect.
[Dont Know]

Crazy as always,
Psycho Triad

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Halloween. I'd love to make my place as haunted as possible.

Shall we make this a friendly contest? I want to see what other hatrackers' haunted homes look like for this holiday. Lets see if we can outdo each other and have fun at it [Smile]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

That sounds like fun, but how about more of a Virtual Tour than a contest. Anyone else got photos of their Halloween decorations?? Link them here!

[ October 06, 2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

KarlEd
Member # 571

So. . . what? No one else decorates? No one else has photos? (And don't say it's too early, the stores are already filling up with Christmas stuff, forheavenssake.)
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Halloween in Poland [Razz]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't started yet. I'm going to start looking for things this weekend.

I did carve a pumpkin last night. [Smile]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I just moved in Karl. Give me some time.

My old house had a large front yard, but we were on a dead end street with few trick-or-treaters. We're now on a very long street with lots of kids, but not much front yard.

I gave away my wood coffin and my cage that hangs from a tree with a skeleton inside. They went to a good home, though.

I plan on, at least, making a cemetary fence this year.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Its TOO EARLY for goshdarned sakes! I'm not done with my apples yet! Soon, though. Soon.

You're a tough act to follow, though!

I close my eyes while walking past the Christmas sections in stores. Atrocious.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I just bid on tombstone molds on eBay. Just add ready mix concrete and you've got your own concrete tombstones. This will be much better than the plywood ones I've been using.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Too awesome KarlEd!!

I love Halloween... [Evil]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Great pumpkin, dabbler. We have 5 pumpkins we bought from a local farmer, but we're not going to carve them until the weekend before Halloween. Last year we carved them earlier and they were a little . . . ripe by the time the trick-or-treaters arrived.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.