FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » emag a --waP s'yekonM ehT

Author Topic: emag a --waP s'yekonM ehT
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
I figured it would be fun to reverse the game and try to put a positive spin on some otherwise dreary, hopeless situation. Maybe it's not as fun as being twisted and cynical, but hey, it could get interesting. Without further ado:

My car broke down on a highway at 2 a.m.

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It could have broke down at 3:00 A.M.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's a start... now post your own scenario, mph! You know how it works! [No No]
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
It could have broken down at 4pm. And insteada merely experiencing a spinout on a relatively empty road, you could have been in heavy traffic causing a massive pileup.
(Actually witnessed a freeway spinout late at night from a broken tie-rod. No injuries.)

[ October 05, 2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
When your car broke down, the person who came to tow your car turned out to be the person (select gender of your choice) of your dreams. You got married and lived happily ever after. [Big Grin]

I haven't had time to mow my grass in weeks, and it's starting to look like a jungle out there.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Your nieghbor mows it for you, and it is the start of an excellent friendship.

Somebody refuses to post a scenario after answering one.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
But it gives you a wonderful opportunity to put out there and keep the game going!!! Yeah you!

I have to pack...again...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
But this time it's to move to your own private island complete with perfect, palacial beachside bungalo.

You get involved in a fender bender.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
So you have to trade in your old car...fo a new porshe.

I hurt my back again.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
But you get full workman's comp, free medical treatment, courtesy of your apologetic boss, and three weeks off from work!

I don't have a girlfriend...

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
but you go to Starbucks for a Grande Americano and the barista behind the counter says you remind her of Brad Pitt and asks you out. She's a raving beauty and you fall madly, passionately in love.

I don't have a boyfriend...

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Because you are happily married!

I'm nervous about the bluegrass competition in a couple of weeks.

Jess N
Member # 6744

Not to worry! The Angel of Bluegrass Music visits you and gives you a sacred mandolin and blesses you with the voice of the greatest bluegrass singer of all time. You win the contest and bluegrass becomes the new pop music of the millenium.

I'm worried about my teaching job...

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
bluegrass becomes the new pop music of the millenium.
Um, weren't you supposed to turn it into something good ? [Razz]
Jess N
Member # 6744

[Taunt] yeah, yeah... I thought it was good...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.