FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Three blasts kill 40 at Egyptian tourist resorts

Author Topic: Three blasts kill 40 at Egyptian tourist resorts
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/07/egypt.hotel.explosion/index.html

My Aunt and Uncle are vacationing in Egypt, staying at 'some resort' and we haven't heard anything from them. [Frown]

Of course, my Uncle was also in NYC during 9/11. I guess he just happens to be where the stuff goes down. I guess that what happens when you're a freelance Videographer under contract with the BBC...

[ October 08, 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like the terrorists want Israel to attack Egypt.

Hopefully, things don't get out of hand there.

[ October 08, 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Xaposert ]

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hoping that your aunt and uncle get good news to you soon, Taalcon. Is there any chance that they're at some other resort and that since they're on vacation they haven't heard the news of the attacks so don't know to contact you for reassurance of their continued existence?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I seems that no American was killed or injured (for what I read until now).

[ October 08, 2004, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Dave)))

I hope they're OK.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, looks like they are. While not TOO far from where it happened, they were far enough. They called today.

Thanks to all who were concerned. [Group Hug]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.