FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Amka! I need your permission to show off your cool, cool work!

Author Topic: Amka! I need your permission to show off your cool, cool work!
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
Amka,

I'm currently starting a New Media club at my Uni, and I'd like to use your short "Homework" on Tuesday, Oct 12th for a feature we're doing on digital colouring. If I could have your permission, and maybe a little bit about what software, camera, fx, etc. were involved, it'd be great!

Of course we'd give full credit to you and your family, and even put in a plug for Hatrack.

Email me at allenbevans@hotmail.com if you want to reject me or talk in private. :0)

Anyone else that reads this: Have any ideas for what we could do with our New Media club? One of our profs wants me to get it rolling, and all input is appreciated.

Woof

PS - Here's a copy of the mass email I'm sending out to give people a better idea of what the club'll be about.

<mass email>
Howdy All!

On Tuesday, October 12th, at 7 p.m., there will be a preliminary, informal brainstorming meeting for the new and yet un-named New Media club in B520. Since most of you are probably reading this on Tuesday the 12th and may be unable to attend, please know that we want as many people as possible to be part of this, regardless of whether or not you can make it to the meeting on the 12th. So; if you have any ideas, suggestions, complaints or desires to be involved, please email us! And spread the word! This club will be open to anyone in Lethbridge – students from other faculties; students form other schools; and members of the public at large.

Now, to pique your interest, here are some of the things we’re looking at doing:
- Weekly meetings with student exhibits: Stuff that you’ve found that you think is cool, or stuff that you’ve created that you want to show off.
- Club projects, like a weekly on-line comic, club-made films and club-organized trips.
- Having a role in faculty events, such as the New Media Concert and the year-end Exhibition
- Making connections with professionals in the fields you want. We’ll hunt down anyone from any field and try to make them talk!
- Fund-raising for the Food Bank (giving geeks a good name) and the club. Our method? LAN PARTIES!
- And ANYTHING ELSE you want to do! (As long as it’s legal and within the bounds of the club Charter.)

We’re committed to creating an organization where anyone can congregate with fellow nerds, learn or teach something about new media, and have a good time.
We’re open to mundane and outrageous suggestions from anyone who cares enough to suggest.
We’re excited to be here in the New Media program and want a chance to build that excitement and channel it into the creative process.

If you want to be involved or have something to say…
…but you can’t make it on the 12th…
…but you think the 12th at 7 p.m. is a stupid time…
…but you can’t because you forgot how to speak English…
…EMAIL US!
OR
If you can make it on the 12th, come to the meeting!

Thanks for your time!

Allen Bevans
The Guy Who’s Trying to Get This Party Started
allen.bevans@uleth.ca

P.S. For those of you that can make it, after brainstorming and such we’ll be taking a look at some new media stuff from “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” and some similar stuff from small-timers like us.
</mass email>

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

What's that on your head...? Oh, it's a
BUMP!

:0)

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

One morning I woke up and checked out my chest and I found a...

BUMP.

Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Bee Eww Emm Pee
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Happy Thanksgiving! (Here in Canada.)

Does anyone have contact info for Amka, so maybe I coulde send her an email?

I would use her AIM info, but I'm only on the MSN network, at it seems... stalker-ish to get on AIM just to try and contact her once.

Anyone?

AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry for the delay. Husband didn't have the info yesterday, and I've been out all day until now.

Anyway, we are fine with you showing it. And here is the info:

• Camera: Panasonic DVX100
  • Camera settings: 24PA, Cinema.
  • Video Editing software: Sony Vegas 5.0
  • Effects applied: Multiple masking for area lighting and shadows.
  • Magic bullet video filters. Black diffusion, Radios lighting, Motion blur. Cut frame 16x9
  • Video effects: Particle illusion
  • Sound track http://www.flyinghands.com

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Thank you so much!
:0)

I'll let you know how it goes on Wednesday.

Thanks again!

Woof.

Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Amka,

Thanks so much for letting me show off your film. It went over well and we had some good discussion comparing what the pro's do and what's possible from "1 man" establishments. It was a good time.

Thanks again!

Woof.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.