FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tired of beating them off with a stick..?

Author Topic: Tired of beating them off with a stick..?
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Well here's the answer to your problems...

This link = what i'm talking about.

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
so what you need to do is memorize the numbers to see if someone tries giving you the number ... does that make sense?
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't do this anyway, but I had an experience about five months ago that reinforces why I never, ever would.

I was at a party. Had a lovely conversation with someone that I could neither see nor hear particularly well, but that's what it means when you meet someone at a party. He asked me for my phone number, I gave it to him, he programmed it into his phone, and CALLED MY PHONE AS I WAS STANDING THERE. He left a message and offered plans for that week.

I was horrified. Of course I gave my actual number because doing something like the above is incredibly pathetic - come on girls, learn how to say no gracefully - but still. Holy cow!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I've known people to call a number as they're given it, on the theory that the other person then has their number as well from the caller ID and it's an easier way to exchange numbers.

You could choose to be flattered instead of horrified... he made his interest very clear right away, and you didn't have to spend any time at all wondering if he would call. *chuckle*

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It did show a lot of confidence, I'll give him that. We are (sort of) friends, hindered mostly by the fact that we have absolutely no chemistry, nothing in common, and nothing to talk about outside of the one topic of conversation we hit on at the party. [Razz]

[ October 10, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.