FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A question for Angel/Buffy fans (spoilers!)

Author Topic: A question for Angel/Buffy fans (spoilers!)
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I've watched the first four episodes of Angel and this afternoon I accidentally caught a final season episode of Angel.

Angel is now the head of Wolfram and Hart? How in the world did that happen? Isn't WH the most evil organization on the planet?

BTW, I will go INSANE if I don't know the answer. Feel free to spoil the rest of the series for me. I know the basic structure of how the series ends and know that the show jumped the shark when Cordelia left. But still, in the name of all that is Whedon, I HAVE TO KNOW! [Wink]

[ October 11, 2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
at the end of the previous season there was a god type thing that caused everyone to be nice to eachother. There was no fighting, no poverty, no hatred. Of course there was a catch...to get her powers she would eat people (yum).

long story short, angel exposed her...people got all pissed and she lost most of her powers. She started beating up on angel...and the Connor shot her.

Next thing we know Lilah from Wolfram and Hart showed up and told them that to reward them for ending world peace they were going to get to be in charge of the LA branch of wolfram and hart.

The last season the gang has to figure out why they really were given this ability...and to fight evil from the inside

[ October 12, 2004, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Lupus ]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I would say the show jumped the shark long before that. About the time teen-Connor appeared. Though the drop from bad to abysmal didn't happen until the beginning of the last season.

And as for how Angel became the head of W&F? Still don't understand that one. Basically, it was given to him. Don't know why.

I envy you. You have quite a bit of good TV before you. The first two-and-a-half seasons are amazing. After that...

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
The episodes with Connor in them ARE bad, but the ones before and after are pretty cool.

I really love the dynamic between Angel and Spike, which is the only reason I even stated watching. Westley, Fred and Gunn are just bonuses. Well, maybe not Westley.

edit: Becky is having trouble with T and H today.

Ni!

[ October 12, 2004, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: kwsni ]

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
GRR!! Angel NEVER jumped the shark!! Angel was AWESOME. Only reason we didn't get enough answers at the end was because the stupid WB cancelled the show.

*mutters* Just like people claiming Buffy jumped the shark. It didn't either.

I'll admit--the Connor/Cordelia thing was HORRIBLE and they never should have had that whole Cordelia storyline, but they ended it awesomely. Connor was a good kid at the end, and Cordelia got a very sweet end.

And you shouldn't ask for spoilers. You should just watch the show... and where applicable, watch it in tandem with Buffy.

Katarain--A Rabid Buffy/Angel Fan

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Oh, and it's Wesley.. [Smile]

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail]

Bless you Lupus for settling that question for me. I swear I tried to find the answer via google but there are so many fanfic online that I cannot get a straight answer from my queries. [Smile]

Katarain I hope you are right. But I did see a few post-Cordelia episodes and they were sort of boring. The last one I saw was when Wesley's robot father came to capture Angel's free will. Most of the episode consists of long, meaningful glances exchanged between Fred and Wesley and a couple of "why are we here" monologues by Angel. Ack.

Maybe I'm just obsessed with Charisma Carpenter. [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Hellmouth Central is a great website for all things Buffy/Angel/Firefly and more. There is a lot of information--including episode summaries. (Much better than other slow sites with popups, etc.) They're switching servers at some point, so if they're not up, try again later.

Basically, after Buffy and Angel were over, the site started covering pretty much any show done by any of the Buffy/Angel writers. We (as in the fans who frequent the site and the board) are VERY loyal to... well, to pretty much anybody who used to work on the shows... [Smile]

The site is updated everyday, but you'll basically want the information that's already up.

-Katarain

vwiggin
Member # 926

Wow thanks! Sounds like a great place to find info on that other show I'm falling in love with: Firefly. [Smile]
Katarain
Member # 6659

No problem. [Smile] It was my first forum... [Smile] Spent two years there and about 2-3 months here, and I am almost over my post count over there... Go figure.. [Smile]

It's a great site. Lots of actual CONTENT. (Amazing for the internet nowadays.)

-Katarain

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.