FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things you say (shout) to (at) your computer

Author Topic: Things you say (shout) to (at) your computer
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Don’t make me come in there!

Are you going to load that, or am I going to have to beat you with a stick?

The click, a signal of my discontent, made glorious visuals by that CPU.

What, you think I like waiting 30 seconds to see a darn website?

OK fine, load at this speed, I’ll entertain myself by watching Hedio Nomo wind-up.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sooo... Hobbes, have you ever thought that your computer too can get tired on Friday evening?! That you should give it a break?! That shouting at the poor retarded inanimate (I don't care it cannot be retarded AND inanimate at the same time, I'm trying to make a point here! - now imagine ALL that in caps)... So, where was I?! Oh yeah... That shouting at the poor retarded inanimate thing (are there *animate things* aswell?! hmm...)... Errr... Right... Once again: That shouting at the poor retarded inanimate thing will make it work faster?!

IT WON'T! What you might see as a consequence of your screaming is in fact only a coincidence... How many times do I have to tell you not to jump to conclusions like that?! Oh, today's youth... :shakes head:

The end.
Corwin [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
[fake Russian accent] Zat wass an ORDER, Comrade.[/fake Russian accent]

(On a particularly nonsensical error message) Jawohl, mein Fuhrer!

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
I find curses generally work on my laptop. And occasional exorcisms.

*sprinkles holy water on keyboard*

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
This usually works. "If you don't straighten up right now I'm calling IT." My computer is scared of those people.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I find patience and understanding generally works with my computer. Sometimes it tries to act up, but mostly, its trying very hard for me, and comes through on essential points.

(I actually like my computer have quirks. It gives it personality.)

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
"stupid program" as the unstable proprietory word processing program performs an illegal operation ... yet again.

and when my (work) Mac freezes up and I have to reboot, I wish that the restart sound was the sound of breaking glass. It wouldn't help the computer, but I would feel a tiny bit better.

and: "NOOOOO"

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I love my computer and it loves me and we never yell. We do, somtimes, burst into song simultaneously and wile away the hours.

(like these hours, when I should be in bed)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
"Damnit, 'Nashi, work!" (My computer is named Nanashi, which is Japanese for "no name")

"Come on, come on, come on! Gooooooood girl." (This also works with my car)

"ok, that's it. You're going off."

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
About IT scaring computers, it's true. I should know, I've been IT before (Tag, I'm IT). Heh, no. My computer behaves, because if it doesn't, I format (Oh how I love having two hard drives).
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon you piece of junk!!!
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
" I have half to mind to download every vid on the net.... we'll see how you like that B****"

"If I had money, you'd be getting a lobotomy" (thats what i call replacing my hard drive)

"I love you baby... Now please cooperate"

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
"Why do you hate me? Why?"
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I usually grab the tower and say in a whiney voice, "Nooooo!" or "Why???"
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't DO this to me!!!!"

This, after five pages of work are erased because "Microsoft Works Word Processor has encountered a problem and needs to shut down." ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new compulsion thanks to computers. I save every ten seconds now.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
"Come on baby, just one more time"
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be such a grouch.

Stop sulking.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
percussive maintenance is a wonderful thing...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
please don't die
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want me to put Windows 3.1 on you? If not, work! (I use this one often)

The evil spawn of microsoft is sucking your soul! I must preform an excorsism. (I actually have black robes for this) Go to the Open Source! Move from your cursed ways! (Waving linux CD's at the monitor)

That one actually worked once...

You know, it's tempting to fill you with water and put a gold fish in you.

Perhaps a magnet or two would fix your wagon.

(Scream a line of profanities in German at it.)

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
percussive maintenance is a wonderful thing...
[ROFL]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen Hobbes? I think he got busted for computer agression...

FoolishTook, that's a very common mistake for unfrequent users. The first thing you have to do is make a new document AND THEN SAVE IT! And keep saving it from time to time. I almost never lose documents this way, or even if I lose something, it's still in my oww memory! [Big Grin]

Hmmm... I'm sure in a thread about "things you need to know" I wrote this stuff awhile ago. Even I don't apply it to the full extent - I write mails in the webpage and sometimes the connection breaks just when clicking on "Send". However about 3 out of 4 times this happens I can *feel* it's gonna crash and quickly copy everything... Stupid computer, he's giving his evil plans away! [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
What I say to my computer:

quote:
Don't have to make me have to kick your @$$

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.