FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Please give a warm welcome to....

Author Topic: Please give a warm welcome to....
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my very best friends is about to join Hatrack. At least, he said he was going to a few minutes ago, when he left after being soundly defeated at Fluxx. At least, I think I won more of the games than he did. Anyway...

Nate is an extremely intellegent, witty, and frequently snarky guy. We've been friends for at least 5 years now, and he's someone I've always been able to count on. Over the past several months he's listened to me talk more and more about this Hatrack place, and has decided to join up. See, this is how you get more hatrackers in your state... you convert them!

Oh, and Nate starts out real, having met both dkw and me. I think you'll like him. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm blushing!

Thanks eljay for the welcome. It took a while for the subscription email to arrive or I would have been here sooner!

Hi everyone, Eljay has said so many great things about hatrack i just had to come see for myself. It will be nice to "meet" you all! [Smile]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there intelligence. Welcome to hatrack. I hope you live up to your name. If not, no matter, you'll fit in anyway. There's plenty of space. Head on over to the offense thread and start offending people! [Wave]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, actually, it's Intelligence 3, like Strength 18, Intelligence 3...

But thanks for the welcome. I'll be sure to prowl around. [Cool]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nate. Glad to have you here.

[Smile]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Hi Dana! Nice to see you. Since I haven't talked to you in wayyyy too long, congrats on your impending nuptuals!

Is 5 months impending?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nate! Welcome!!!

So, are you the intelligence we're supposed to blame for the war in Iraq?
[Wave]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Nate! I take it you like FRPGs? Pen and paper or computer, or both?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Big Grin]

Did I mention he brought me dinner tonight because I was being whiney and lazy, and didn't want to change out of my pajamas? Can't say enough nice things about the guy.

Oh, and dkw has a program running counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds to the wedding, so I think you can safely say it's impending.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
So ELJay...have you two set a date?
[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Kwea, it's October 16, 2004. But I had nothing to do with setting it, we've been on this calendar for a long time, ever since they standardized these things.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard intelligence3. You'll find the people here are compassionate, smart, witty and fun. I look forward to hearing more from you.

[Smile]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Intelligence! [Wave]

I'm Raia. It's very lovely to meet you!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome to the insanity [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Intelligence... Welcome to the rack... About your name... are you trying to compensate? [Taunt]

Good luck!!!

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy Nate! Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Noemon, I am a fan of both pen-and-paper and computer roleplaying games. I am, in general, a fan of all games and other entertainment, but spent the last nine years making video games for a living, most recently with Atari. I was laid off in March and have been doing consulting for another company and looking for a permanent position.

Stryker, all compensation is to be determined by HR, and is based on level of experience, educational background, and whether your belt matches your shoes. Please direct all inquiries to your HR "representative." [Razz]

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay did tell you that you hafta send ten bucks to everybody who responds to your welcome thread, right?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the jungle!

[Wave]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
We've got fun and games...
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the monkey house!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really interesting Nate. We've got one other game designer on the board--Geoff Card, who sometimes posts under his own name, and sometimes under the name A Rat Named Dog.

We've got a number of Play By Email D&D games going on, the archives of which (along with their mailing lists) are managed over at SakeRiver.

Probably the most enthralling of the games is the Overlook Campaign(no offense to the other DMs--both the Segrada and Khadanira campaigns show a lot of promise, but there have been so many delays in both of them that I'm not sure how well their narratives flow at this point; I'm sure they'll pick up now that DMs are back in their home countries/states, and hurricanes have stopped pummeling players' homes and such).

If you have some time to kill, there is some incredibly good role playing going on in that game.

[ October 16, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Click here to download your 10 bucks.

[ October 16, 2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Veddy intedestink. I shall take a look Noemon! Thanks for the info!
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome Intelligence3, i don't know why but i read that as Intelligentsia, but anyway hope you enjoy hatrack.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say Fluxx? [Eek!] Once I'm old enough to leave the house, we must have a duel!

Welcome Intelligence! [Hat]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only played Fluxx once before, and I don't remember anything... I remember it being one of the more bizarre games I've ever played, but it was fun!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kwea, it's October 16, 2004. But I had nothing to do with setting it, we've been on this calendar for a long time, ever since they standardized these things.
That ranks very high on my list of great comebacks. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings. From one newbie to another. (Okay, so you already know more of these people than me....)
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! [Smile] I think I shall call you Intel -- unless you object, of course.

Did ElJay warn you about the addictive nature of Hatrack . . . ? [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

She didn't warn me, but she did demonstrate in a way with her frequent and charming descriptions of the forum.

The post volume is a bit overwhelming, and I'm still trying to figure out the prevailing mood, rules, etiquette, etc.

So far, I'm havin' fun.
[The Wave]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Wait 'til you see weekday post volume. This is nothing. Although there have been some, um, interesting threads today. Great pic, btw.

Doncha all just love a new member who tries to figure out the prevailing etiquette, mood, etc? [Wink]

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
If ElJay is so f***ing awesome, then you must be as well! Welcome.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, you have a lovely desktop. What's a treant?

And this was fun:

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Hi Bob! I love to see that others use the Internet like I do, to explore!

The Treant is from the computer role-playing game World of Warcraft, and is an ambulatory tree. The one in that image is a guardian of the Night Elf city, and they are amazing to see. 100 feet tall and they walk around, patrolling the city.

And the other image is what I use as an avatar in most fora.

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Nate, and welcome from both myself and my fiancee Insanity_Plea, who is more lurker than poster as of late.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Treant is the "generic" (non-Tolkien?) term for Ent, basically. I first saw it in D&D, and it's used in EQ, WoW, and many other fantasy games.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Int-3. I've heard about you a bit, hanging out with ElJay. The more MN hatrackers, the better. Maybe we shall soon have our own clump!!! MUWAHAHAHA>
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Our own clump? There's an ointment for that, right? [Razz]

Thanks for all the welcomes! Wow!

Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the 'Rack
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and I'm still trying to figure out the prevailing mood, rules, etiquette, etc.

hahahaha! consider them to be in flux.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Flux is an understatement.

Welcome int 3! [Wave]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The more MN hatrackers, the better. Maybe we shall soon have our own clump!!! MUWAHAHAHA>
Who ever said that was a good thing? Minnesota's creepy, man. Too many lakes, too many long "o"s, too many... uh... yeah. I was at a UW football game last year (against Minnesota, or I wouldn't be telling this horrible story), and the guy in front of me, being rather drunk, yelled "Get your ass back up I-94 you f****** queers!" It struck me as humourous due to the change in number within the sentence - as if between the entire football team and their fans, there is only one ass...

Alright, enough of that. Welcome, Intelligence3, even if you are from MinnesOta. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.