FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alarm clocks

Author Topic: Alarm clocks
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
In one of the rooms down the hall an alram clock has been going off for the last 45 minutes.

*goes crazy*

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
*sends blacwolve to funny farm*
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
That's when you attempt to break in and turn off the alarm. Try a credit card--I've opened my door that way when I lock myself out.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of alarm clocks shut off after 1 hour.

Some after 2...

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Some, on the other hand, just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going forever.

[ October 16, 2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: dh ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
You could try turning off the power for the building.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Still going off...
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a culprit of the forever empty room alarm clock when I was in college.

Usually, if you can find the RA, he or she will open up the room and shut it off.

Problem was, I wasthe RA.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe - flip the circuit breaker for the room. It's probably accessible to you if you know where to look.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So, did it ever go off?

blacwolve? blacwolve, can you hear me?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

It's off now. I was out of the room for 5 hours, so I don't know when it finally went off, though. Probably when the owner got back from the football game.
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate alarm clocks. HATE.
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Digital clocks make too much light for me at night. Do you now how inconvenient to first find an analog clock with an alarm, and then have to play around with it for ten minutes every morning to get the alarm off?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember a poll sometime ago about useful but annoying inventions; I think the alarm clock won... Or was it the cell-phone?! Wait, you can use your cell-phone as an alarm clock! Double the pain! [Evil Laugh]

And yeah, that kind of thing happened to me too: someone left for the vacation and forget to turn off the alarm of his radio. And everyday it would start singing - at least it wasn't ringing... It stopped everyday in the evening... After a couple of days we went to search for the residence administrator and asked him to open the door so we could shut it down... The end! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
The berthing I sleep in on the ship holds over 100 people. All of which have alarm clocks (some have two). I think you can figure out the rest.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Stan, it was the same for me the last two years... It's even "better" when you don't have class in the morning, want to sleep longer and then... At 6:45 alarm clock number 1. At 7, AC #2. At 7:30, AC #3. Etc. Yeah, sweet dreams... [Mad]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey mack! I was an RA, too!

and yes, I turned off many alarm clocks.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a very light sleeper. That would be hell for me.

My alarm clock is my digital watch. Yep, even from across the room, it's loud enough to wake me up.

Like I said, hell.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hate alarm clocks. HATE.
Oh come come now, hate is such a strong word... I'd go with loath
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Some, on the other hand, just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going forever.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Once when I was working an alarm clock started going off in my boss' office. It went off at midnight and kept going for hours... And she didn't come back until Monday, so it went off for two more days at the same time. It drove me nuts. I thought I'd have to do that middle-of-the-night shift with the alarm going off the entire time.

On the plus side, it gave me a comic idea...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.