FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gaming Chicks

Author Topic: Gaming Chicks
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Swedish Counterstrike Team, with photo.

Heh. It's fun to read about teams like this. I remember my freshman year, I was the only girl to play Quake in the dorm. Lots of 4 am nights. Almost drove my roommate insane with the mouse clicks.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
'It's not that the bear dances, but that the bear dances at all.' [Wink]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
There's usually one or two gaming chicks at our local LAN center. However, they may only be playing counter-strike while they wait for the projector wall based console area to open up for DDR.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What's DDR?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dance Dance Revolution

The control is a big pad on the floor with squares that you have to step on when indicated on the screen in time to the music.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just deeply disappointed that they're merely adequate players who've decided to market themselves as "133t hawt chix." I suppose it had to happen some time.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

Well, they finished 4th out of 16 teams in the tourney mentioned in the article. I'm sure they're above adequate.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
They finished fourth in the female division. That means that there were three all-girl teams even better than they were, but without the publicist and hairdresser.

[ October 18, 2004, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

*shrugs*

Your definition of adequate is different from mine. That's all.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm just deeply disappointed that they're merely adequate players
Really? I save my deep disappointment for things like. . . movie rentals.

Do not waste money on Paycheck.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

"Your definition of adequate is different from mine."

Tell you what: off the top of your head, name the WINNERS of the female division. [Smile]

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice outfit. Needs some burrito stains to make her a l33t CS player, though.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

all 4 one was the name of the winning team.

Course, I had heard of none of the teams before today. And I don't know the names of any of the players.

Satisfied?

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
What disappoints me is that these aren't the best women out there and only have this article because they're hawt and there aren't even a lot of pictures! Don't toy with me, woman...
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
*is a gamer chick....kinda*

heh, I say kinda because I only have a few of games on my computer at the moment....more on the way though, and then pretty much all of my free time will be spent playing them [Razz]

I'm a Warcraft addict, though. That'll never change. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the point of the story was the fact that women are taking on and doing fairly well in a traditionally male-dominated area.

Although they will never be as good as the men because, let's face it, the women stop to shower now and again.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I dated this one girl in college who was totally into Starcraft/Warcraft. We'd settle our fights over a good game of 1x1 unlimited resource Starcraft deathmatch. I floated the idea of strip Starcraft once--lose a base, lose an article of clothing--but she didn't go for it. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

"I think the point of the story was the fact that women are taking on and doing fairly well in a traditionally male-dominated area."

Except that instead of profiling the ones who actually stand a real chance of making it big, they chose to profile the cute ones with the professional publicist.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound surprised Tom.

The woman who won the first gold medal ever in snowboarding in the Olympics, the very first year the sport was included in the Olympics never appeared on any mainstream marketing plan.

She was interviewed once, if memory serves and she was not what some might call attractive in the traditional sense.

Compare that to the Maxim/etc. men's magazines that do photo shoots of various female Olympians.

In Marketing and most forms of mass media, attractiveness is still a priority over substance.

-Trevor

Edit: Because I forgot to mention the sport.

[ October 18, 2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Your Email Alerts
  • Sweden
  • Video Games

Priceless.
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.