FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » eight point story arc

Author Topic: eight point story arc
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone explain them to me in a way that I undertand? Or point me to a website or three that explains it? The sites I've visited were . . . less than useful
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of it. Though eight anything makes me think of the ba-gua, a Taoist tool used in Feng Shui.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ccweb.co.uk/arc1.html
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Oh, I guess I have heard of that before.

I guess the reversal is like that part in "Cujo" where the apparently dead dog has one last hiccup of life. I hate that. Ever since seeing "Cujo" (at the age of ten) theatrical reversals stick out like a sore thumb to me. And I've had zero interest in reading Stephen King. Another annoying example was in the Ewok war, where for a brief moment the battle was turning against the Ewoks for no apparent reason.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that the Ewoks should ever have been winning that battle at all...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Exactly. The suspension of disbelief shouldn't be disturbed.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I see.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw Cujo. But I saw The Shining when I was, what, eight? Now that's disturbing. And not at all appropriate for someone that young. I had nightmares for two years. Seriously. [Eek!]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
It's one interpretation of a watered down version of Aristotle's poetics. The book itself is inspired, accurate, and it's only 60 pages.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.