FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *whine*

Author Topic: *whine*
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely get sick. I haven't had a cold since I can remember. I last had strep throat in high school. I had the flu in February 2003 and since then, the most I've done is puke once from something bad I ate.

But dammit, I'm sick right NOW.

I woke up with a sore throat. Sore enough that it woke me up. Hurts to swallow. Who knows if I have a fever (I had two thermometers because of my propensity to lose things and wanted two on hand...and I've lost both and yet to replace either one). I'm tired and my back and body hurt, but I also had 2.5 hours of fencing last night.

No headache.

DAMMIT. I have my first real fencing tournament tomorrow! I can't be sick!

First an ear infection, now THIS.

[Mad] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Gargle some warm salt water. That always helps my throat when it's sore.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
((Mack)) Hope you get better soon!

Rarely get sick???? [Confused] I seem to remember some severe abdominal pains for you recently -- I thought you felt pretty sick then...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but it wasn't "real" sick...just a serotonin imbalance.

I meant sick like waking up with crap like this. Or a cold. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Mack. I'm just getting over strep. Its no fun. [Frown]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Wait...it can't be strep if it's just a sore throat, right?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it stil can be...but it probably isn't.

Good luck tomorow, anyway.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
get off the computer and sleeeeeeeeeeeeep! [Sleep]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a cough yet or is it still just soreness? Poor Jamie. I suggest eating hot soup by the gallon. That always makes me feel better. [Big Grin] [Frown] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been diagnosed with strep with just a rash. I went in with my daughter to get the diagnosis of hives so she could go to school. Mine was quickly developing, and the doctor noted it. Took a strep culture of us and bingo! She didn't get to go to school.

You don't need a fever, or achy muscles, or apparently, even a sore throat.

But, it could just be a nasty cold.

I have awesome tonsils, though. People around me get sick. My throat hurts, my tonsils swell for a couple of days, and then I'm not sick. I thank the doctor who let them stay when he removied my adnoids.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, hot chicken noodle soup. Good proteins, good liquids. There was a study once that actually showed that chicken noodle soup was more than a placebo in helping you feel better and get well faster.
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
TOURNAMENT?!!!

You damn well better feel better, girl.

You have to win that sucker [Razz]

But in seriousness, hope you feel better, and hope you do well in your tournament. My online access has been restricted so i haven't been able to chat with you much. I'm also heading out of town as soon as my ride shows up. (any minute now, i'd guess).

Good luck, good stabbing. Have fun, and if possible, strike fear into the hearts of your opponents moments before striking them with your sword.

[Hat]
Crazy as always,
psychotriad

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I think its either Red Sox Hangover, or the sudden realization that your lovely team will be taking on the mighty Cardinals. Facing this overpowering team has caused lesser folk to get ill.

[Taunt]

Get better.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Mack))) And aren't you expecting a visitor in like 4 days?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a visitor, or "a visitor"? (As in "the painters are coming over" visitor.)

Because I am having far too many visitors far too frequently, and they are wrecking the place with their wild, hot parties. [Grumble]

I think I'm in early frequin' menopause.

[ October 22, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Not strep. Some nasty virus that the doc said he's seen a lot of. *sigh* He said to rest and if I feel up to it tomorrow, go to the tournament. But if I still have a fever, it wouldn't be the greatest of ideas to go.

[Frown]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. I can't imagine fencing with a fever. I'm sure you're in better shape than I am, but I got winded fast enough when I wasn't sick.

Plus, sneezing in the mask is NOT GOOD.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know how much good it would do now, but drinking the juice of one lemon with a little water and salt always helps my throat feel better. It tastes horrible, but it really works. It's also good medicine.

I also like throat coat tea with slippery elm, but it doesn't last as long. Tastes great, though.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope the fencing tournament went well.

Post the results when you know.

Or riposte if I missed it the first time.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Oh, man, that was bad. Like a Chandler Bing joke, by that actor Matthew Parry.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* Feel better, mack. [Kiss]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sick, too, Jamie. It sounds like we have the same thing. [Frown]

But I'm GOING to that Pirates of the Caribbean interactive screening for charity tomorrow in my Ren Faire doxy outfit, though hell should bar the way!

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

And the highwayman went riding, riding, riding
And the highwayman went riding, up to the old inn door.

etc.

I think all I've really done is slept all day. Dammit.

I hope you get to the RenFaire, Toni. *jealous*

And I hope I get to go play with swords tomorrow.

Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
interactive screening
explain.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel better, Mack!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
explain.
Teshi - You've never seen anything on the interactive Rocky Horror Picture Show midnight screenings they used (and in some places still) do?

Pretty much you dress up, yell at the screen where it's appropriate and have an overall fabulous geeky time. We're doing that, only with Pirates.

(Thanks, Jamie. I hope you get to do swordy things tomorrow, also.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*jawdrop* Poor mack! You really ARE sick! *hugs with impunity*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Huh?
Teshi
Member # 5024

Well, Ralphie, I understood the idea of interactivity but I wanted to be sure that I was reading what I saw. Pirates, only interactive? I want to come. That's sounds ridiculously geeky (and rather dangerous- what are you going to do, blow holes in the theatre?!) and so much fun!!!

I'm jealous.

And mack I'm glad you slept. Sleep is good. Feel better!!!!

[ October 22, 2004, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, I must be a bit obtuse because I'm not getting the thrust of your comments.

Oh and I hope you get well quickly Mack.

[ October 22, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Teshi - I know! Doesn't it sound like a blast?

This is my pirate outfit. Yo ho ho, baby.

mackillian
Member # 586

Still sick. Actually, I think I'm worse. The sore throat has improved considerably though it's still irritated. My fever is still here and keeps going up despite the tylenol. Hot, cold, hot, cold (I'm cold right now). I'm also exhausted. Everything hurts. Tylenol isn't doing crap. Not hungry.

Ugh. This sucks. Needless to say, I didn't go to my tournament. [Frown]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Frown]
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, can you get any hotter?

[Mad]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I want it on the record: I am coveting Ralphie's pirate costume right now. That is HAWT, girl!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, I'm sorry to hear. I hope you feel better. My sore throat made me cancel on two engagements today so I feel your pain. [Frown] please stay rested and feel better soon!

Ralphie, great costume!

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Poor mack. [Frown] *FTPs chicken soup*
mackillian
Member # 586

I REALLY wonder if this is the flu.
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Mack - blame the other fencers for slipping you the bug. They must have been cowering in fear of your awesome stabbing abilities and decided to sabotage you...yeah, that's it... [Big Grin]

Better luck next time - they won't get away so easily.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.