FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kerry Rally Last night

Author Topic: Kerry Rally Last night
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
I attended a Kerry rally/speach last night in Minneapolis and was very impressed with him. He much more charismatic in person then I expected him to be. My group managed to be within 20 feet of the stage which was lucky considering there were over 30,000 people in attendance - the largest politcal rally in Minnesota history.

It makes me very optimistic that Minnesota will go for Kerry on election day.

-Matt

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about it, and they were handing out tickets, but I just didn't have time to go. I'm glad it was good, though.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The very fact that Kerry's campaign feels that he needs to go to MN is kind of disturbing though--I mean, isn't MN usually a lock for democratic candidates? Or am I smoking crack or something?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Minnesota has not been a lock recently...Minnesota has recently elected a Republican Governor and also a Republican Senator. The recent polls put Minnesota at a dead heat in this election.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
'Optimistic' and 'Kerry' are two phrases that are diametrically opposed, and should not be used in the same sentence.

[Razz]

[ October 22, 2004, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Kind of like "Bush" and "Intelligent"..
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the fact that Kerry is handing out tickets to everyone, and not making people pass a security/loyalty oath before entering, to insure he gets the rousing applause and agreement he deems necessary, like some other contender we won't mention.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Minnesota has been feeling its oats lately.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krankykat
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for Krankykat           Edit/Delete Post 
NO, traveler... more like Kerry and integrity...
Posts: 1221 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
What's funny is that Kerry actually is optomistic and actually does have integrity, and Bush actually is intelligent. So much for perceived diametrics in politics...
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I just feel sorry for both of them. They have got to be so tired.

I think I would reform campaigning thus as well to make it more "interesting".

I would make it so that each candidate can only personally campaign in a total of 5 states/1 time each in the month leading up to the election and they have to decide which ones to choose and which ones to leave out. That or you pick 5 out of a bag where all 50 state names are and those are the states you are assigned to personally campaign in. (as in visit personally)

Neither Bush nor Kerry has been able to do "anything" for their country the last few months because of the election and campaigning. It's all been "talk" about what they would do. Everyday it's visit state X and say the same thing that you said in state Y, V, U, T, etc. etc.

It definately would add a twist. It would give all states a chance at having the candidates visit where as now only the states that "matter" get visited....

It would also make them do their jobs more than being out campaigning.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Obviously I disagree with that strongly... we'll just have to agree to disagree with each other. I'm not going to get into a 'he's dumb..oh yeah, he's dumber..no, he's dumber' arguement with you.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
That's because your dumb, but he's dumber, no he's dumber, no he is.

Sorry.

I got into that argument with myself.

I know, kind of dumb, wasn't it.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah! Well I'm dumber than you all so there!....wait a sec....
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting, a friend of mine suggested last night re: campaigning that they required all state presidential primaries to be on the same day. While I realize the small states that endup having a bigger empassis as a result of momentum would squawk, abd as a result it will probably never happen, it would give a more accurate snapshot of what the country actually thinks, without all the hype-momentum stuff.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just feel sorry for both of them. They have got to be so tired.

I know. I feel even worse for the winner. They still have 4 years of hard work ahead of them.

Be careful what you wish for...

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
According to my cousin, and my step cousin, who are respectively working in the kerry and bush campaigns in minnesota... things look good there for kerry.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.