FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Exit Poll 2004 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Exit Poll 2004
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the idea from the other exit poll thread. It's a bit early, but I know some people have done absentee ballots. I didn't get my information in in time, so I'm disqualifying myself from this poll. I think it would be interesting to see how Hatrack compares with the general exit polls when the 2nd rolls around.

If you want to participate (completely voluntary! I know people who don't want to share who they voted for, and I completely respect that [Smile] ), please do so AFTER you vote in the 2004 American Presidential election, or after mailing off your ballot. Just say "I voted for --- ". I don't want any arguments or justification. I'm interested in a poll.

I'll try to keep a running tab, and I'll bump this on the 2nd. Happy Election Day!

Current Results are as follows:
Bush/Cheney: 11 votes
Kerry/Edwards: 13 votes
Nader: 1 vote
Swedish Chef: 1 vote
Michael Badnarik: 1 vote
Thomas S. Monson: 1 vote

Total votes: 28

[ November 01, 2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for the Swedish chef on the Muppets.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for BUSH (absentee).

Edited to make it easier to find vote.

[ October 24, 2004, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't vote. Too young. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Bush.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Nader
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Two Jewish votes for Bush in one thread? [Angst]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Except for Hatrack, most Jews I know are voting for Bush. *shrug* Most years I vote Democrat. Not this year.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Kerry/Edwards

[and Feingold, Baldwin, and not Blanchard (Dem for re-election to Dane Co District Attorney) but rather Stix]

[ October 24, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Most Jews will end up voting Kerry... it would take a LOT to swing the majority of Jews to the republican party.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Kerry
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Since this is an exit poll thread and not a debate thread I'm just going to make ONE post about this and then stop.

It makes sense for Jews to vote for Bush based on Israel because Bush has simply been the most pro-Israel president that this country has ever had. Kerry on the other hand has been playing both sides of the aisle. When speaking to Arab group in Detroit he called Israel's security fence a "barrier to peace."

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200402\POL20040226a.html

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
NFL, does that mean you will restrict your comments to places where you are assured that no one will question you?

Come on, start a new thread. Let this be the thread it was designed to be.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, come on. When an exit poll comes around, the time for getting information has passed. I made a point to say that I didn't want ANY arguments in this thread, because I don't want ANYONE to feel any sort of shame in who they voted for. That's not what America is about. Kat's right. Please start a new thread. I'd be happy enough knowing that my poll inspired one.

Plus it makes it harder for me to find the actual votes. [Smile]

[ October 24, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I am letting it be the thread it was designed to be by only posting that and no more. If someone else wants to start a new thread about it fine, but I don't feel like it especially considering how such a thread would then go into is the security fence justified in the first place, etc, etc.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You were just supposed to post who you voted for.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't vote, because I'm not a citizen, but I would definitely vote for Kerry... I'm not one of the "Jews voting for Bush" category.

(edit: Sorry muppet, if that was out of line... *looks sheepish* I'm not in a very good mood right now, someone is really pissing me off.)

[ October 24, 2004, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

It was just in response to adam's post.

The " [Angst] " was a joke because of the disproportionally high number of Jews who are Democrats.

rivka
Member # 4859

I'm not going to debate the issue. And I think you should have put that link elsewhere, nfl. But among Orthodox Jews, traditionally the vast majority vote Republican. Most years, I don't. This year I did.

The end. [Smile]

keepsmilin
Member # 6607

- posted      Profile for keepsmilin   Email keepsmilin         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for John Kerry
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
Voted for Michael Badnarik
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for John Kerry.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Bush/Cheney.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. But among Orthodox Jews, traditionally the vast majority vote Republican.
Not where I've lived.

I voted for Kerry/Edwards. (My whole family is voting for Kerry/Edwards, for that matter.)

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry (absentee)
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush/Cheney (absentee)
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to take this moment to say that I'm so excited to vote this year because it will be my first time doing so! *dances*
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Layto --

Oh hey, whoops. Wrong country.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry (absentee).
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HonoreDB
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for HonoreDB   Email HonoreDB         Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry/Edwards
Posts: 535 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Brine, just remember, what ever happens to this country now, its all your fault!
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Bush.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Bush/Cheney.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry/Edwards for me!
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for Bush.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush
Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas S. Monson.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry/Edwards definately.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlGore
Member # 6984

- posted      Profile for AlGore           Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry - four times, so far.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a traditionalist [Big Grin] They have advance voting here, but I'm waiting for THE day......

FG

Wow! Did you know there are like 36 people running on the "write-in" for president?

[ October 29, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I put my absentee ballot in UPS Next Day this morning.

Bush/Cheney, a Republican challenger who stands no chance in the House, yes on a bunch of amendments for Virginia, and yes on 3 bond issues.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
BUSH

[ November 02, 2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: unicornwhisperer ]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melponome
Member # 6987

- posted      Profile for Melponome   Email Melponome         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ah-nolt" won't let me out the booth!!!! HAAAALP!!!! ***KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*** [Wall Bash]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Just tracked my ballot online, and it was received this morning.

Dagonee
*Call me paranoid. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
KERRY / EDWARDS
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush/Cheney
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush/Cheney.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Sorry for the double post but I wanted the first post on the second page. Revision of the rules: Please please please please PLEASE don't add your opinions to this thread! Please?

Okay, thanks.

Just say "I voted for ---". Or "---". I don't want a discussion of the Jewish contigency or the fact that I'm being a content nazi. I really just want a poll. Everything else just makes it hard for me to find the actual votes. It's a big forum out there, and I said before that I don't want anyone to feel like they have to justify who they vote for. They voted, and that should be good enough. Unless they want to participate in my exit poll. [Smile]

Current Results are as follows:
Kerry/Edwards: 35 votes
Bush/Cheney: 28 votes
Badnarik/Campagna: 4 votes
Kerry/McCain: 1 vote
John McCain: 1 vote
Nader: 1 vote
Swedish Chef: 1 vote
Thomas S. Monson: 1 vote
J. Halvor Clegg: 1 vote

Total votes: 73
Last voter: thrak

[ November 02, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
There you go SM -- you get to have the top post of this page.

My vote: Bush

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.