FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Afghanistan Democratic Election finalities

Author Topic: Afghanistan Democratic Election finalities
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Reuters Bravo! Democracy in action and working. Comming from a country that has 200+ years of Democratic Election experience (and we still screw it up alot) they pulled off one heck of a successful election.

I'm impressed.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
That's one against the nay-sayers.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious, how many % of the Afghanistani people voted? I didn't read the whole article if it said...
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't say in that article, but I remember reading in a newspaper that the voter turnout was quite high. Not only was overall turnout high, but turnout among women was exceptionally high, even in those regions where women trationally have no rights. (I can't provide quotes, the said newspaper is long gone into the recycling bin.)

*is happy for afghanistan*

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
We may get practice at that in Iraq very soon.

Although I doubt anyone who actually intends to govern would ask us to up and leave, we have to do it if they so ask.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.