FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is Boston still there?

Author Topic: Is Boston still there?
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there people left alive in the city of Boston because...wow.

Congrats to Red Sox nation.

[ October 27, 2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The Champs!!!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
yaaay!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
1918, 2004
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Let's hope this is the only national winner from Massechussetts in the next week or so. [Evil]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
No, let's hope this is a good omen for all things from Mass.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Rabbit, they beat the Cards in BUSH Stadium. Prophecy written all over this win!

OH MY GOD!! I still can't beliebve it!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's Busch Stadium (like the beer).

Oh, and

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Jamie died of shock.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
But what a way to go! [Big Grin]

Just think. Last year, when the Red Socks fans said, "But next year will be our year!" they were RIGHT! [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Red Sox.

(((Pedro Rules!!!!!!!)))

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
As opposed the all the other 85 times they said it, eh Rivka?
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
How different is that to all the fans who say it every year about their favorite team, A-C?

I wasn't sure, and thought they would bag it earlier this year, but I am so glad I was wrong....and I rooted for them even thought I was afraid they would lose.

It is called loyalty...you shoudltry it some time.... [Wink]

Of course, every year other than this, it was also called stupidity... [Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I am on an unbelievable high right now. Baseball is probably the single most important thing in my life, and the red sox, and their history, make up a huge chunk of who I am. I never expected to be able to watch the red sox win, while my father was alive... and tonight, I watched them win the world series with him. Un... be... lieveable. I simply can't comprehend that this happened. It wasn't supposed to, but millions of red sox fans through the years have hoped and dreamed of this, and finally it came true.

Tonight, Bill Buckner can sleep easy. We forgive him. Tonight, Tim Wakefield does not worry about Aaron Boone. It is erased. Bucky bleeping Dent has the Bleeping removed from his name... the pain has faded. Fisk's home run into the night is now that much greater. The impossible dream team, has finally had its promise fullfilled, 37 years later. Ted Williams' .200 in '46 is forgiven, and Johnny Pesky did not hold the ball, and we finally believe it when we say it.

Tonight, the world is right for Red Sox fans... and if we're lucky, that feeling will never fade.

Ted Williams, this one is for you. May you sleep easy.

Bill Buckner, this one is for you. A class act, even in defeat. You never deserved what you've gotten.

Mr. and Mrs. Yawkey, this one is for you. You tried to win, and never could. Now your spirit has.

Yaz, this one is for you. May your agony be eased.

Rocket, and Nomar, and Mo. Fisk and Rice and Lynn. BArrett, Hurst and Oil Can. Space man, Boomer, and El Tiante. Dom Dimaggio, Pesky, Doerr, Parnell and Kinder. For all the great ones, and for all the unsung players of past great teams, this one is for you.

But most of all... this one is Boston's. We love you, Johnny, and Kevin, Youk and Pedro, Timlin, Lowe, Foulke, Schilling, Manny, Bellhorn, Gabe and Trot, Billy, Big Papi, Tek, Doug and Doug, Bronson and Wakey, Alan and Curtis, Mike, Pokey, Dave, and David... you will forever live in our hearts as the team that brought the title home. You are our heroes.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
So you're happy then?
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

And you left out Kerry's favorite player, Manny Ortez. [Wink]
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Big Papi= David Ortiz
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I know that, but there's no player named "Manny Ortez."

[ October 28, 2004, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:snort:

I grew up in Washington D.C. environs and we didn't have baseball. Though I guess I saw a thread title one time that mentioned it. I'm an abaseballist.

Get a life, people.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1918, 2004
[Angst]

Sorry, but as a public health professional, and in the current situation with the flu vaccine shortage, this has a very chilling implication for me.

[Angst] [Angst]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW Yay Sox! I'm happy whenever any team beats the Yankees (but I suppose that's old news.)

We have a fellow in our office here who is from Boston and is a lifelong Sox fan. He refused to watch any of the games because he just couldn't stand being disappointed AGAIN. I asked him this morning if he regrets not watching, but apparently he saved them all on TIVO or something.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
There are still two teams out there with longer losing streaks.

The Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox.

Welcome to Chicago, where we have losing teams year round.

The 84 Bears and the Bulls with Jordan, were mere flukes.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I did die.

I'm back now.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
"We thought you were dead!"

"I was. I'm better now."

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I was studiously ignoring the Red Socks, cause every time they start winning and I start paying attention to them again they lose. This time I ignored them to the finish... AND THEY WON!!!! THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!! YAHOOO!!!

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
F off, pooka.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Marlins in '05! [The Wave]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a life.

And red sox baseball is a part of it.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

[Razz] Glad you noticed Paul. Of course I don't have to read the thread, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out that it would be about the Red Sox.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

And I apologize to those of you who were hurt and couldn't take it as a joke.
mackillian
Member # 586

I love how your apology wasn't really an apology but a backhanded stab.

Something hugely significant happened for the Red Sox and the Sox fans and you crapped on it to pick a fight and prove a point to someone whom you have a beef with. You had to crap on the rest of us too? And then insinuate that it's our fault that we can't "take a joke"?

Sox fans aren't kidding when they say they keep the faith. Do you find it gratifying to mock the faith of others?

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka...

You could have just apologized. Barring some amazing incident, I doubt that I will ever respect you again.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I apologize. I accept that I have opened myself up to being mocked if I ever share anything personal again. I really feel bad.
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, good enough to get my forgiveness. ^^

[ October 28, 2004, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Phanto ]

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine too.

And now before we spoil the mood anymore, back to the party [Big Grin]

[Party] THE RED SOCKS WON!!! [Party]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.