FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want to wait for the Great Pumpkin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I want to wait for the Great Pumpkin
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Sophie really is adorable.

That has to be the strangest looking pumpkin I've seen though. Not the carving--that's pretty cool--but the pumpkin itself. It looks almost perfectly spherical--like a orange beach ball, almost. The ribs are barely visible at all. Did you pick it out because of that, or did you just happen to get that one?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I took a lot of ten from the last pumpkins of our neighbors to work for a Halloween party. If you think that one was odd, I wish I could show you the elongated pumpkin that one of my coworkers carved! It was so skinny that she couldn't get the seeds out of the middle even though she cut off the top and bottom. She made it into a nerdy pumpkin with a bow tie and glasses. It won the pumpkin carving contest. I just scratched because I was hosting the party and didn't really have the time to carve, but wanted to get the ball rolling and wanted people to see that they didn't have to make a mess if they didn't want to. It also is incredibly dense for a pumpkin and I guess it does rather look like an orange ball! [Smile]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Wish you had a picture!

Hey, is Sophie dressed as something there? I just noticed the collar of her outfit, and how it looks almost vegetal. I'd think that you'd dressed her as a pumpkin, except that they go strait from the gourd into a vine, with no "tomato style" leaf like structures around the stem.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwacks Noemon*

You don’t tell little kids that their Halloween costumes are botanically inaccurate. (Or parents of little kids, either.)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sincerity pays off. First thing upon this morning, I noticed the GreatPumpkin projected upon the frontroom wall*.

Anyway, here's a picture of the GreatPumpkin making his rounds.

* Odd effect of sunrise through the non-round carved crystal window at the top of the front door.

[ November 01, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch   Email FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, if that's a picture of the great pumpkin, katharina, maybe I'll have to reconsider. That's not someone I would want to meet even on a clear, bright, sunny day.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Forget the pumpkin, check out the horse, specifically it's eyes.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I babysat two kds on saturday who's mom was the headless horseman at a park in indianapolis. She said it was the first time she'd gotten to ride without a kid in her lap for 2 years (jackson will be 2 next week, lily's 8 months)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Here comes the GreatPumpkin flying through the Sky giving out treats to all good boys and girls.

Some more links to photographs of the GreatPumpkin.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I wrote this! I don't even remember it!

Dang, I was funny and clever. Talk about a long time ago and in another country...

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The Great Pumpkin (mild language advisory).
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

It's funny, isn't it, kat? I have no memory of this thread either, and when I read what I wrote about Sophie's costume, my thought even before I read Dana's post was "What? What are you doing criticizing a little kid's halloween costume?".
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Noemon. You were such a jerk back then.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

:: lip wobble ::
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, katharina -- Dallas? I thought you lived in DC? No, I'm sure of it! When did Dallas happen?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is three years old.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Dang. If I'd have noticed that there was a page 2, I might have clued in to some of the "back then" references! [Blushing]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this definitely isn't current me. Current me put on a platinum blonde wig, was dragged to a party yesterday, stayed for an hour, and then went home to watch Dirty Sexy Money (I love that show - I wish it had a different name so I didn't feel so sordid when I mention it) and fall asleep before midnight.

However, that whimsy is probably still buried in me somewhere. It'll come out to play again.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I must have had some deep pumpkin issues back then. I think I'm over them now.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Yeah, and, katharina, it was only today on another thread that I discovered that you were Javert Hugo. So I'm slow. [Dont Know]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.