FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Raia's NEWS (Was Raia's Rumors) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Raia's NEWS (Was Raia's Rumors)
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Look at this e-mail I just got! *giggle*

Subject: FW: Please tell shani:

shanini, a mysterious message for you from Yael -- you can respond to
her directly...

love

aba

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue 11/16/2004 7:20 PM
To: Wahrman, Dror
Cc:
Subject: please tell shani:

that while she may be slacking off in her Hollywood stalker duties, I
just ran into Natalie at the video library.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
cool. [Cool]

I have been told when you accept hot haveing something, and stop seeking it, is when you are most likely to find it. Not sure if that applies here or not, but still, you should try to get her to joi9n hatrack if you meet her. [Hat]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Natalie Portman. That's so cool! I hope you get to meet her! (maybe you could get the inside scoop on episode 3! [Wink] )
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, maybe. [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Raia!! No I'm not still up o:-)
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Gotobed!! [No No]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka said of Chaim Potok.
quote:
Bias. He grew up Orthodox, rejected Orthodoxy as a young adult, and his books reek of his distaste for and dislike of various aspects of Orthodoxy.

I think it's odd that you think that about him. From his books I (knowing nothing) only gained a tremendous respect for and love of Orthodox and Hasidic Jews.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
on a slight side note, a friend of mine (in the psychology graduate program) is from Turkey...he said that the university that he went to back home, actually taught everything in english. I just found that to be odd. He said that some state schools were english and some were in Turkish. He also said that while grade school was mostly taught in Turkish, English was a required second language.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
We've had this conversation before, ak. You may say you only got positive info from Potok's books, but when I read discussions of some of them (Davita's Harp comes to mind) I can see that you have picked up a number of "facts" from him that I consider at best misleading.

*shrug* I don't feel like arguing this again. I don't see the point -- at the end you will still think his books are the bee's knees, and I won't.

And that's perfectly fine, neh?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
There was an article about Natalie Portman in Sunday's Parade Magazine insert to the newspaper. It said that she was a Harvard graduate and that she was currently working as a goodwill ambassador for some organization that offers loans to women in developing countries.

She is hot though.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
They also ran an Inside the Actors Studio with Natalie Portman on Bravo this weekend. I only caught the tail end, but what I saw gave me more respect for her not less. Some of the ones I've watched, you go the guy (or gal) is a great actor but man in person they suck!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*bump*

So, because I wasn't posting (while I was trying to think of how to write a landmark), I forgot to post this...

But a few weeks ago, I was sitting in one of the various cafeterias here, eating a late lunch (my class got out at 3:30), and reading a book... about halfway through my lunch, Natalie walked in and sat at the next table.

As in, the table right next to mine.

As in, I could have reached out and touched her if it wouldn't have freaked her out.

I don't think I resumed breathing until I left the cafeteria.

It was the coolest thing ever.

--

And then I saw her again a few days later. She was standing in a hallway chatting with someone, and eating a green apple.

--

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw "Garden State" (wonderful!) and I have to say that Natalie Portman has some of the most facile eyebrows I have ever seen on a woman. They are positively squiggly! I love them.

I liked her in this movie, more than I thought I would. I just wanted to see the movie because of Zach Braff (mmmmmm).

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool [Big Grin] .
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! A GREEN apple! Finaly someone in Hollywood with some taste!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I liked her in this movie, more than I thought I would. I just wanted to see the movie because of Zach Braff (mmmmmm)."

Was Zach Braff the lead? I couldn't stand him, and was very grateful that Portman was around to save the film.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
TomD, I *usually* respect your opinion.

(j/k)

You are a stinker. Yes, ZB was the lead, as well as the writer and the director of the film.

mmm...multi-talented....sexxy

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.