FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ::smirk::

Author Topic: ::smirk::
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Word Count as of 1:20 pm CST: 1718.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*clap* Yay! Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] you're off to a good start!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail]
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Zero. [Frown]

But I wibbled in my paper journal during lunch, and I think I finally have some idea of the kind of story I'm going to write. Still don't have a plot or characters yet, but the feel of the story is there. That's something, at least.

edit: I hate UBB code. [Mad] Also, congrats to those who are off to a good start! [Smile]

[ November 01, 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: xnera ]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
xnera, what is "wibbled"?

Good luck to all of you! May your minds flow freely!

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Zero. I can't write until the kids are in bed tonight. Too much to do on Mondays - in fact this is my only internet time (about 20 minutes) until about 10 o'clock tonight. I just got home from ballet practice for Abigail, I have to leave in five minutes to pick up Emily and Natalie and take Natalie to ballet practice, then it's run by the store, get home, cook supper, then load Emily up and take her to gymnastics.

I hate Mondays. [Frown] But, before midnight tonight I will have my 1700 words - guarantee.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
0, I'm rethinking this, I wasn't good for much most of last week so I have a lot of work I need to get done now that I was counting on alreadying being done.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Zip. Hope to have some time later.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

Clearly, I have been in fandom far too long.

"Wibble" is a term I picked up from the Harry Potter fandom. I'm not sure I can accurately define it, since I picked up its meaning from seeing it in context. I think of it as a kind of worrying, sad feeling. Harry in this fanart is very wibbly.

There is also "squee", which is pretty much the opposite of wibble. It's a very excited and happy feeling, though it's often used as a verb. I squeed when I got my WWVD? bracelet

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think someone needs to be hit with the relation to others stick. (whaps) [Wink]

[ November 01, 2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
what exactly are we writing here... *has clearly missed something*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

Alcon: NaNoWriMo
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
No fair.
Snerk is my word. I invented it.
And 3,441.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Wibble" is a term I picked up from the Harry Potter fandom.
"Wibble" comes with terms like "squee", for example. It's an interesting word because it describes an emotion that previously had not been named, although it probably has roots in "Miserable". As I understand it, it is a reaction of someone else to the person being miserable. If someone is "wibbly" he/she envokes a *wibble* from the other person.

I've never heard anyone say "wibbled" though. *wibble*, yes. Other verb tenses, no. [Wink]

I am not a Harry Potter fanfic reader but the word pervades outwards and because of its application to everyday life is not uncommon among a certain group of people.

Ah, well you can never have too many words in a language!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

OOO! Sounds like fun! I'm in [Big Grin] *goes off to get started*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I carved out 30 minutes between ballet and gymnastics practice and got 811 words done!

I'll be back tonight to finish up my work for the day.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Wow! 5007 words!
But is it so bad that it's so piecemeal like a patchwork quilt?
It reads more like character sketches than anything else.

Alcon
Member # 6645

Ok, now that I'm done writing that other thing I was working on earlier... and since I'm staying home from school in order to make sure I have time to vote, and to watch the election ( o:) I'm a senior in high school with mega massive senioritis... I've worked my butt off for three years rarely missing a day... this year I'll take any excuse I can get). Time to get started. Gentlemen (and women), start your word processors!
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not officially comitted to a whole Novel, but I'm going to try to write every day this month.
and I'm not really counting words, just getting them on paper.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Synesthesia, that's a hoppin' fantastic start! I'm proud of you! Keep up this momentum, and you can be done in ten days. [Big Grin]

I've got a measly 3000 odd words done. Today, I will write more.

Now Drop and give me 10,000 words!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

1811 in 45 minutes. w00t!
Belle
Member # 2314

Done for the night - at 1,765. Made my goal for the day. Woo Hoo!

[The Wave]

Alcon
Member # 6645

3641 [Smile] and more to come tonight. I'm on a roll. *cracks his knuckles* And I even like my idea, though I don't think I'm handling it so well. I suppose writing WELL isn't the point though [Big Grin]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm started. I don't have many words yet but I've started writing and the pesky thing is already doing all kinds of things I didn't expect it to. Luckily, so far that has been to provide me with the perfect secondary character that I've been searching for the whole time. And a way to tie two plot elements that I didn't know how to tie together together.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Final for the night: 4643 words, 9.286% there. Good night [Smile]

And just for the record: POST # 2^8!! Wahoo!

[ November 02, 2004, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Alcon ]

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I have 1118 words, but I'm also working on an outline. Also, I read advice somewhere to write a scene about each character (well, main character) that may not be in the book. Just something about them that is like background information. I am trying to work on that.

I have surprised myself already by getting this far. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So are we going to keep updating here as well as on the thread over at NaNo? Or restrict ourselves to only one?

I'm all for confusing as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. With that in mind, I'm seriously considering resurrecting the other two threads about NaNo.

Just cuz. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I am very mad. I only wrote about 200 words today and tomorrow I have to work and who can concentrate on writing with this going on?!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, Syn, with what going on? Are you talking about the US election? If so, it'll be over soon, and if it's really that distracting for you, then don't worry about writing now. There's no point in getting stressed. Write when it's over, even if it's only a page or two. Then, tomorrow, get back on track.

Life happens. Things get in our way. Oh well. We can still reach our goals if we work at it.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I should not fret too much.
I am crossing the Rubicon a bit with these character sketches and stuff.
I like how it's turning out at least.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Fretting doesn't solve anything. Besides, this is supposed to be fun. Relax and don't worry so much.

And hey, you did say you liked how it was turning out. This is good. Enjoy the process. [The Wave] You can do it!

Alcon
Member # 6645

Final word count for tonight: 5126

The election threw me off o:-)

Belle
Member # 2314

EEK! [Eek!] I'm only at 2300 total! Way behind - because of the election. I've got some serious making up to do.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.