FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, Derrell!

Author Topic: Hey, Derrell!
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

- posted      Profile for Glaphyra the Righteous           Edit/Delete Post 
How is the apnea? Are you doing okay?

(this is Sara Sasse)

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh! I was wondering who you were!!!

(Sorry I entered into Derrell's thread without being invited, it was most rude of me.)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew those posts looked familiar...

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

Same email. [Smile]

May the worm of conscience still begnaw thy soul.

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I did to Trevor. I hadn't yet broken down and checked the email address, but I was starting to lean toward Anne Kate. Not a bad person to be confused with Sara!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
See, if y'all were reading the not about the election thread you would know this. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

I have certainly been accused of worse. Indeed, I might well delight in this.

But forsooth, thine breath stinks with eating toasted cheese, nonetheless.

[ November 02, 2004, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Glaphyra the Righteous ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

AIEEE!

I've been turned into a...buzz..buzz...buzzz...

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, I was reading it! I missed this particular memo, though, apparently.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I like the new persona. Highly amusing. I do hope Sara still comes around sometimes, though.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Was just funnin' around and too lazy for logging out and then in again.

Great stress-reliever. [Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, but I also hope Glaphyra isn't a one-night stand. She's amusing. [Smile]
TMedina
Member # 6649

Buzzz...
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, I like the new persona. The apnea's about the same. It hasn't gotten any worse. I'm learning to sleep on my side, but it'll take some time. I'm doing alright. How about you? [Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

I'm bumping this because I just sent you an email, Sara. I know you're busy, so if you don't get a chance to answer it today, I'll understand. [Wave]

edited for spelling

[ November 03, 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Got it, Derrell. I'll write tonight.

Meanwhile, I won't raise my Derrellworrylevel, but I won't drop it, either. [Smile] Hang in there.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

I'm hanging in there. I'm also waiting patiently for that email. If you've already gone to bed, I guess it can wait until tomorrow. [Wink]
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

No, we can do it here, unless you wish otherwise. My email goes wonky off and on -- access is sporadic.

Where are things in regards to insurance?

Derrell
Member # 6062

Well, I've applied for AHCCCS, but haven't been accepted yet.

There are some other things in the email that don't pertain to sleep apnea. Those I'd rather discuss via email. It's nothing personal, just something I'm not cofortable sharing with Hatrack at the moment.

Thanks for the help and for being a part of Hatrack. [Hail] Sara

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Oh, sure enough. Let me see if I can pull it up.

(We use GroupWise Access program, and sometimes if I can't get it to launch directly from my laptop, I can get to it through the main department webpage.

Derrell
Member # 6062

Ah the joys of using a network. I hope you can pull it up from home. I would hope you're not still at work this late. [Angst]
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Got it. Moving to email. (we can also talk tomorrow -- don't lose any beauty sleep. [Smile] ) I'm at home, thank goodness.
Derrell
Member # 6062

I'm not losing sleep. It's only 8:48 here in Arizona. If it wasn't my day off, I'd be at work right now.
Derrell
Member # 6062

If you get tired and need to go to bed, I can wait until tomorrow for a reply.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Sent. [Smile]

I'll follow up on that research tomorrow.

[Wave]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell,

I have apnea as well. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago and am on CPAP. I also have other sleep disorders, too.

Do you have any questions? Is there anything I can help with? You can contact me off list if you like.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Got email and replied. Thank you.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, with all your waving, I figured you'd be exhausted by the end of the day.
[Wave] [Wave] [Wave]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

quidscribis, does sleeping on your side help? I don't have CPAP yet because I don't have health insurance. I'm working on fixing that, though.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It's individual. But yes, with me, sleeping on my side lessens my apnea. Sleeping on back or front is very very bad for my apnea.

Until you get a CPAP machine, you could also consider sleeping either with pillows to prop you up at an angle or a reclining chair. Both will help to counteract gravity on the throat tissue so it will be less likely to collapse.

I have heard of people who sew tennis balls to the back of their pyjamas to prevent them from rolling over onto their back during sleep.

The other thing is - if you're in a bad enough state financially, some of the respiratory equipment manufacturers may provide indigent help. My respiratory therapist (in Canada) would get the manufacturers to donate used or refurbished equipment - they can't sell it anyway. You might want to check that out.

There were sleep disorders newsgroups a few years ago. They're probably still around. You can check them out. There might also be sleep disorders support groups in your community. And the thought just occurred to me - someone at one of those groups might have an older, used machine to sell/give away if they're insurance keeps buying them a new one every two or five years. You can check that out as well if insurance doesn't pan out.

I didn't have insurance - I had to pay for mine out of pocket. I was lucky, though, in that my respiratory therapist offered payment terms. Very unusual.

By the way, CPAP does and did make a huge difference to how I feel. Adjustment took about six months for full adjustment, and it was completely worth it. You can expect to have some problems getting used to sleeping with a CPAP machine, but don't sweat it. It gets better to the point where you don't notice it anymore nor do you care.

Anything else?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.