FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Elections Over - Cheney step down, McCain - You're the man!

Author Topic: Elections Over - Cheney step down, McCain - You're the man!
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that the election is over, I think that Cheney should step down as Vice President and that the repubs should do some "political manuevering" to get McCain to be his Vice Pres.

I know it'll never happen, but I would like to see him in the White House.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
No friggin' way. I don't want McCain anywhere near the white house and I wish he had lost his senate seat last night.

This man pushed and pushed and pushed for the bill that bears his name and now it's the law of the land. It restricts free political speech and is the cause of all these 527 groups. I am STILL agog McCain-Feingold made it past congress, the president and most of all, the Supreme Court.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Constitutionally, what would happen if Cheney stepped down right now?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
No way we should be advocating for us to give up a senior Senate seat.

Plus, I want him to run in 2008.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Hmmm, good point. If he vacated his seat, would it be filled interim and by whom or would there be a mid-term election?

If they knew about it in advance, they could position themselves in order to "remove one leg, and replace it with another" so to speak.

Good point though.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
The combination I think would be most interesting in 2008 is Clinton vs. Schwartzeneggar. Not that that is even possible, but it would be the ultimate popularity contest.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Arnie has alot of Political "growing up" to do before he graduates to a "politician level" worthy of Presidential Nomination.
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] but it would be fun, wouldn't it? As a republican, I don't particularly like him -- but if someone is going to beat Hillary in 2008 (presuming she runs), they're going to need some of the same star power she commands.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Not that that is even possible, but it would be the ultimate popularity contest."

See, Republicans -- and only Republicans -- keep saying that, but I don't get why they think Sen. Clinton is popular among Democrats at the national level.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.