FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Juice Bag Totes

Author Topic: Juice Bag Totes
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Juice Bag Totes

My daughter has asked me to help her make one of these bags. I don't have a sewing machine...that works.

Has anyone made one without a sewing machine?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens.

[Eek!]

That's just. . . hideous.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

[ROFL]

Yes, I know. It's so tacky it's cute. Remember she's 11.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like it would be fun to make.... I'll make one and send it to your daughter.

*goes off to buy capri-suns*

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Coccinelle, you are too cute.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

(((Coccinelle))) Yes, fun. That's the idea. It's really not trying to win any fashion contests. It's just fun!

Um...if you're serious...let's talk. [Smile]

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Raia [Smile]

Tammy- I'm serious! I was just thinking that I needed a fun Friday night project. What color does she want? What colors of capri-suns are there? I havent bought them in a few years....

I can be reached through the e-mail in my profile

This is going to be a hectic day at work, so I may not check hatrack again until late this afternoon.

This will be fun!

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Do not open juice bags?

Does that mean the bag is constructed with juice bags still full of juice?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I'll send you an e-mail in a bit. What a sweetheart you are.

kat..."slit each juice bag just below the upper back seal. Empty contents into storage container."

[Smile]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they mean to keep the white strawhole intact. [Smile]

I think they're cute.

[ November 04, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

A nine-year-old girl will love this.

Catherine, does that mean you're not coming to the party on Friday? [Frown] I already said I would go.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

Kat- What party? Did I forget something?

Tammy- e-mail received, will reply soon:)

katharina
Member # 827

Itza is throwing a surprise birthday party for Brandon on Friday. She just planned it this week, I think. I heard through the grapevine. Do you want to come?
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know Scott. I've seen much uglier bags coming from high-end designers - like this or this or this.

Where's that puking smiley? [Razz]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh -- I just saw a couple of these at our companies annual "craft fair" yesterday. It was the first time I had seen such a thing....

doesnt' seem very sturdy to me. One was made entirely out of Skittles wrappers.

Farmgirl

[ November 04, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Catherine go to the party! [Smile]

I just have to tell you guys that I've seen some of the mothers at Aubree's school use these.

The first month of school Aubree' came home and decorated a pair of her flip-flops with orange & black ribbons, her school colors. She tied the ribbons around the toesie things. I thought she was brilliant. They looked cute.

I was at the grocery store the next day and saw a lady older, way older than myself wearing the same type of flip-flops. After that I begin seeing quite a few people with them on.

I'm into this for my child. I think these items are cute for her to wear. I'm so happy I'm not cursed with the disease of "wanting to wear what my tween daughter is wearing". She scrounges through my drawers and closets and actually wears certain items. I wash and giggle at some of hers.

Now, I love wearing my boys clothes. They're all two sizes to big for me.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
*thinks two of ludosti's bags are kinda cute, for dressup girly stuff [Blushing]

Tammy, you're an awesome mom. And Coccinelle is amazing.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I guess this just goes to show that I am most definitely not girly.... [Blushing]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Ah, Sara, a mom can never hear that enough. [Kiss]
katharina
Member # 827

I didn't mean to take her away from the bag-making! There's a way to do both the party and the CapriSuns.

Coccinelle's so nice that she'll totally do it if she offered. She's wonderful - she altered my dancing dress to put sleeves on it so I could wear it. I love having a friend who sews. I highly recommend it.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
ludosti, I would never wear any of them on a daily basis. My purse is something like a sporty camera case (nylon, strappy, functional). It looks more like work gear than anything remotely girly, and I like that.

But -- in limited contexts -- I'd do them. I carried something like the first when I went to a Murder Mystery party as a 20's flapper, and I could see taking the third to a prom dance, if one had a very severe sheath type of dress. It could work as counterpoint.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

It's okay to not be frou-frou girly. Aubree' is funny, she's a force to be reckoned with on the basketball court and soccer field. She wouldn’t be a cheerleader if you paid her, yet she loves to shop, and dress fun. She wasn’t always like this. At one time I couldn’t keep clothes or shoes on her. I love reminding her about those days!

kat...I would like her to go to the party! [Smile]

I'm also looking forward to the bag, whenever she has time. She sounds like a busy lady!

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
How in the world would you sew a Capri Sun bag to something? Wouldn't you be afraid of ruining your sewing machine if it started leaking?
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

You drain the juice, silly!
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Something maybe sort of like this dress could go with this bag.

My personal preference would be for a simple, clean-lined clutch, though, but I like understated.

ludosti
Member # 1772

You mean women are actually supposed to use and wear purses? [Eek!]

I own, I think, 5 purses (of which I've actually used 2 more than once). Two were gifts, and I've not yet used them for anything (one I think I may get up the nerve to use around Christmas, since it's a cute red one). One was for a dance I went to ages ago (and since I was driving, I needed a place to put my keys). The other two, both quite plain (one black and one brown) I've used for church. One is big (almost like a tote), big enough to fit my big hymnbook in (for when I was playing the piano or directing the choir). The other is for when I have no musical responsibilities and I still need a place to put those dang keys. In normal, everyday life, I put everything in my pockets, like a guy.

[ November 04, 2004, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Tammy
Member # 4119

I like clean, classic lines. Sara, I love that dress and I'd wear it, if it came in red.

Black, Red, Tan, Brown and Black are pretty much dominating my closet. I really did try to experiment with color this summer. I bought a Hot-Pink Skirt at The Gap. I'm pretty sure I'll never wear it again. It was fun for awhile though. I wore it with straw flip-flops that had a little flower on each foot and a black tank. Those were the months!

*freezing in this fall rain weather*

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
You know If it doesnt' totally wreck the look, I'd put an inner lining in of cloth to strengthen the juice bags and make it last longer. I'd also put a strip of cloth inside the handles as well and sew that strip of cloth into the lining.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh.

Although it would be even cooler if the bags still had juice in them.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

*grin

I carry around a stethescope, ear-looker-into-er, some spare suture kit stuff, a couple pocket references and a PDA in something sort of like this. Pen & highlighter for draft revisions. Tea bags and a novel, sometimes.
Girly purses aren't strong enough. Pockets are a dismal disaster unless I wear a coat around, and I don't.

Gee whiz, this is funny: I'm actually anxious to distance my image from the girly bags now. [Roll Eyes] Me and my pride. [Wink]

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Great ideas, AJ.

quote:
Black, Red, Tan, Brown and Black are pretty much dominating my closet. I really did try to experiment with color this summer.
No way! Me too, except I also have a lot of gray. Pretty much it's a mock turtle sweater, ankle-length skirt, tights and clogs every day for me. The lack of style choice has made getting dressed much simpler, but it is kinda boring.

[ November 04, 2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ear-looker-into-er
[ROFL]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

I have in my possession a very adorable juice bag tote. I used Banna's idea and lined it with blue and green polka-dot fabric... it just adds to the cuteness. [Big Grin]

Tammy- I'd love to send it to your daughter. Can I have an address?

Tammy
Member # 4119

[Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.