FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey guess what...

Author Topic: Hey guess what...
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody, Nixon was impeached during his second term, so we should all hope that because Nixon was, Bush will be too.

------------------------
Got to be the stupidest comment I've ever heard. Please tell me that this doesn't actually give hope to even the most die hard Kerry fan.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I could get hope from the thought that Bush might be impeached without it being because Nixon was impeached in his second term, can't I? [Wink]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
To the original question: No, there are stupid people on both sides. Those who actually "hate" the opposing candidates.

Those are the type of people who would rather see the object of their hatred FAIL so that their hatred is justified, than have the object of their hatred SUCCEED, and then have to admit their hatred was misplaced.

There are stupid people on all sides of the aisle. And the only protection against it is education and knowledge.

[ November 05, 2004, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: CStroman ]

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 5938

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone           Edit/Delete Post 
Nixon wasn't impeached during his second term, or even during his first term. He resigned because he probably would have been impeached.

Clinton was impeached during his second term.

But, historical inaccuracies aside, I guess whoever's hoping Bush gets removed from office really wants Dick Cheney as President!

Posts: 99 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
So, you're saying "chickenbutt" wasn't the correct response to this thread.

Interesting.

[ November 05, 2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Those people think Dick is already president.

When I randomly asked people at Six Flags over Atlanta if they knew who the VP was, all but like two said they didn't. And I asked about 20.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Chickenthigh.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, you're saying "chickenbutt" wasn't the correct response to this thread.
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
OH MAN! I'm still laughing. Can't...breathe... [ROFL] whew...

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess whoever's hoping Bush gets removed from office really wants Dick Cheney as President!
EXACTLY... that would be SO much worse!!

*whispers* Not that he's not running the country anyway...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"When I randomly asked people at Six Flags over Atlanta if they knew who the VP was, all but like two said they didn't. And I asked about 20."

Interestingly, Georgia voted for Bush. Shame they didn't know anything about the other guy, eh? [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow president. We're not SUPPOSED to know.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Know what?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
mack: exactly.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I was a lot funnier back when Ralphie was around to give me something to work with. [Frown]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You were also really hot then, too.

No, wait. That was me.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
If someone asked me who the VP was, I would answer incorrectly to mess with their statistics.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.